General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Factory W-35 Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Factory W-35 Spoiler

Reading through some old posts on the forum and came across something on factory vs. repop W-35 spoilers. It sounds like the W-35 spoilers from the factory would have had 3 studs on each side (as pictured below).
P1010166.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the decklid from underneath that shows three studs coming through on each side?

Lastly, (and this may be a question best served for one of the Dave's) but was a different decklid used for spoiler vs. non-spoiler optioned cars. I assume they would have been installed at the body plant before hitting the paint sprayer?
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Elephant_Engine_Ernie
It sounds like the W-35 spoilers from the factory would have had 3 studs on each side
Correct

Does anyone have a picture of the decklid from underneath that shows three studs coming through on each side?
I've seen pics from underneath on this site somewhere. The hardtop in my garage has one but its an older aftermarket one from what I can tell the order form states the car came without a spoiler

Lastly, (and this may be a question best served for one of the Dave's) but was a different decklid used for spoiler vs. non-spoiler optioned cars. I assume they would have been installed at the body plant before hitting the paint sprayer?
Same Deck lid (though I know there was chatter about different lift springs). Someone will chime in who knos for sure
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:33 AM

yes on the three studs i have heard some latter cars haveing two studs but I do know my 69 has three.