General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

EX-NYer'

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2010, 12:01 PM

EX-NYer'

As an ex-new yorker I can appreciate what winter and more specifically the road salt can do to these great cars......as a matter of fact, when I left NY in 1979 it was in my 1966 SS ragtop. I saved that car from the ravages of the weather back east. Anyway, if any member is interested in purchasing cars off Craig's list, I would be happy to put eyes on before purchase. But within reason, I live in the central Valley, pretty close to the middle of the state, and it's a BIG!!!! state. What prompted me to make this offer , was the amount of Oldmobiles out here on craigs' for reasonable sums. My background has always been mechanical-----from the Navy (aviation machinsts mate), LA dept of Water and Power , City of Atwater, Dept of Corrections as a Mechanic.
I build motorcycles and cars...oh yes, I'm retired so I have spare time. Just a thought.
Bum
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well that's mighty kind of you, and I'm sure we all appreciate it! Winter and the salt on the roads suck!! I hate to drive my Intrigue every day in the crap, but have no other choice. I do try to wash her as often as I can to get the salt off. It will soon be time for the classics to start coming out of the garages again!! I can't wait!!!
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM

They've got this new salt water concoction in CT that they pre-treat the roads with. It is brutal on the undercarrage.
Nice of you to offer.
Another post has a map you can post your location, and that your willing to look at cars, so people can find you easier.
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:41 PM
GM Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer! My garage is unfortunately full right now so I don't have room for another one. But I'll keep it in mind.