General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

【Event】2013 Classic Cars Challenge China

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2013 | 09:25 PM

Thumbs up 【Event】2013 Classic Cars Challenge China

Hey guys, you might be interested in this, check it out!

It is an international rally across the heartland of China…It was formerly called China Rally of International Classic Cars. 2011 China Rally was the first and biggest event of classic cars ever held in China.

In 2012, 40 cars from 16 countries and 7 car manufacturers participated and there were more than one million spectators. Media coverage produced 6000 reports (articles, pictures and videos).

Famous personalities such as Prof. Dr. Jochem Heizmann from Volkswagen, former Formula 1 driver Hans-Joachim Stuck, Achim Stejslal from Porsche Museum and the first Chinese Formula 1 driver Hopin Tung participated in 2012.

The details of 2013 event are as follows:

Name: CLASSIC CARS CHALLENGE CHINA (4C)

Dates: 9-21 October 2013

Route:
Beijing – Tianjin – Qingdao – Lianyungang – Nanjing – Hangzhou – Shanghai
(total distance: approx. 1600 km)

Registration Fee: 7998 Euros/vehicle (two people). Five-star hotels with meals along the whole journey, luxury exhibitions in Beijing, Qingdao and Shanghai, various ceremonies and parties, tourism along the route, pre-event training, maintenance and assistance, documents from the Chinese Customs and government, insurance for vehicles and participants, etc. are included……please refer to the website or contact the organizer for more information.

The Organizer: Classic Vehicle Union of China (CVUC) is the only national official non-profit organization in the field of historic vehicles in China and the Chinese National Authority of FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) since 2009.

Websites & Contacts:
Classic Vehicle Union of China: http://www.classiccarchina.org/
Juliet or Michela: autohelper@sina.com , china.classiccar@hotmail.com
Old May 23rd, 2013 | 12:40 AM

Forgot to mention....

btw, I'll be there
Old May 23rd, 2013 | 01:37 AM

Not a fan about anything red china.
Old May 23rd, 2013 | 01:46 AM

Misunderstanding?

Originally Posted by nsnarsk65cutlass
Not a fan about anything red china.
That's because you haven't seen China with your own eyes.
It's not red, but multicolour.
Old May 23rd, 2013 | 05:22 PM

China does have some nice places to visit - I plan to go there SOME day, once. Visa is to difficult and costly for us Americans.
I will forward this to some of my friends there in China. Seems like an interesting event and they are into old cars as well..
Old May 23rd, 2013 | 05:32 PM
Beer Connoisseur

All they had was 40 cars, my local burger barn meet has more than that and it doesn't cost no 8000 euros.
Old May 23rd, 2013 | 06:26 PM

Smile Thx~~

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
China does have some nice places to visit - I plan to go there SOME day, once. Visa is to difficult and costly for us Americans.
I will forward this to some of my friends there in China. Seems like an interesting event and they are into old cars as well..
Thank you very much~

Yeah, I think visa is always a problem....I'm sorry for that

If your friends are in China, and if they've got classic cars in China (with Chinese plates and documents), then the cost will be less....since they will apply to the Chinese vehicle registration..

Thx again
Old May 23rd, 2013 | 07:28 PM

Smile Explanations~

Originally Posted by 70cutty
All they had was 40 cars, my local burger barn meet has more than that and it doesn't cost no 8000 euros.
Yeah, cuz we had the 40 cars with their owners, plus all the staff members and technitians ALL in the SAME FIVE-STAR hotel, around 200-300 people, therefore we cannot have more than that....actually we strictly limit the vehicle number, otherwise the accommodation will not suffice.

As for the fee, yes, if we only collect classic cars within China, the cost will be much less....cuz in that case, we don't have to bother about the Chinese Customs documents (with hundreds of stamps from the government), the vehicle entry and driving permits, the temporary driving license, etc (you may know Chinese regulations are complicated and strict). But we guarantee five-star hotels along the journey, that's 12 days altogether.....I don't know how much a night in a five-star hotel costs in Europe or America, but it won't be cheap for sure.....if you calculate this way, you will find 4000 euros for one person is not costly at all.....

Hope you find my answers helpful