General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Evansville Cars and Coffee 5-1

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2022, 12:17 PM

Evansville Cars and Coffee 5-1

Took my Ford van (it's the green one in one of the pictures) to the cars and coffee to meet a friend. This show is rapidly becoming import and modern muscle over old stuff. This is ok, as a Toyota guy I have a soft spot for Supras and similar. I did see two Oldsmobiles, one G body, and a lemon 67 Cutlass Supreme ragtop for sale. I took a picture of his number should any of you like. I think it has a 68 steering wheel, and I couldn't tell if the right mirror was a left one, or a real right accessory one. Did not look aftermarket. Blue dots in the taillights. Not as many primo rides there as there was last Dec. Very big, though. The GT-40 was probably the most exotic thing.

Old May 1st, 2022, 12:19 PM

Old May 1st, 2022, 01:16 PM

John - Nice pics, thanks for sharing!
Old May 1st, 2022, 01:19 PM
Running On Empty

Great pictures, thanks for sharing, John. The Dodge Power Wagon is my favorite.
Old May 1st, 2022, 01:20 PM
Running On Empty

John - Have you tried to Donuts?
Old May 1st, 2022, 01:24 PM

No on the donuts.

I have a running gag that my van struggles to make it to the cars and coffee facebook page. It usually photobombs a photo. This time, it got its own from someone. Here's more of the 67 too.

Old May 1st, 2022, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
No on the donuts.

I have a running gag that my van struggles to make it to the cars and coffee facebook page. It usually photobombs a photo. This time, it got its own from someone. Here's more of the 67 too.
John - That's a nice looking '67 vert! Can't tell for sure, but those front buckets don't look OEM, the side bolsters look too big to me? What do you think? Shame they didn't have the hood up, it would be interesting to see if the engine bay looks as clean as the rest of the car?
Old May 1st, 2022, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Nice pics, cars and coffee get togethers are good for young people to show off what they drive. Most of the ones I've been to range from hoopties to exotics with the occasional antique or muscle car mixed in.
Old May 1st, 2022, 03:48 PM
same but different

Cool pics! I dig the van.

Really like that Dodge power wagon too.
Old May 1st, 2022, 08:05 PM
Banned

Thanks for the pictures. I used to drive the same Ford van with a three on the tree. I dig that 65 GTO too. I also love the Dodge. Nice to see the youngsters doing their thing.
Old May 1st, 2022, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Thanks for the pictures. I used to drive the same Ford van with a three on the tree. I dig that 65 GTO too. I also love the Dodge. Nice to see the youngsters doing their thing.
It's a 3 on the tree as well. Brakes are fair, steering is a little dead in the middle but not too bad. Suspension is a little soft. This one packs a 302 and 4.11 rear from Ford, so it accelerates at low speeds better than it looks like it should. It is all in, brakes, steering, suspension, engine speed, the fact that it's a van and there isn't much in front of you, by 70 mph. I like to cruise at 55, it can do 60 fine, 65 for a while. It's about 3rd on the restoration list, but, after dicking with brakes and carburation, is fairly reliable and looks good enough for weekend shows. It damn near ate a tree last year in the freak storm in Terre Haute when a poplar landed right above it but the garage held it. As the front part of the house caught its own tree, I loaded the van full of all that was left in the house (we were selling it) and drove it home and came back for my truck the next day. Amazing what that van will hold.