General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Door Strikers

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Door Strikers

For the longest time every auction I've seen for door strikers on ebay for NOS strikers they have gone for ridculous amounts of money. The cheesy repro ones that don't have the roller go pretty cheap. Just lately, I saw these aftermarket ones with a metal collar and thought they might be more in line with the factory OEM ones. Anyone have any experience with them, or planning to buy from them?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old April 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Lance

Alen, those look good, but your car should have the "torx" head and not the hex head.

You can get good ones off of the rear doors of a four door, as they are most of the time in very good condition.
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Rocket Vapor
Thanks for the great feedback, I appreciate your knowledge on this.
I did not even think about the 4 doors. Yes, you are 100% about the torx, but I was just posting this for anyone who was interested in newer replacement parts and who don't want to pay NOS prices. I have seen other repros that are really wrong, or have a (what looks like plastic) bushing on the collar.
Do you know what years are compatible? I realize that any BOPCK lines can be used, but don't know when the styling of the strikers changed.
Old April 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Smile

Allan,
These are newer "NOS" GM. Is this the kind of post you need? I can look at the heads and get more pics if necessary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Strikers2.jpg (55.2 KB, 29 views)
Old April 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Cameo White
Allan,
These are newer "NOS" GM. Is this the kind of post you need? I can look at the heads and get more pics if necessary.
I've seen these too, but they don't have the metal collar that mine do. Thanks for the input and pics. I think these ones are more for the 80's style cars??
Old April 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM

Smile

Good thought about those 80's cars...
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Allen, are you needing a set or just commenting on what looks like a better quality of repop on the market? As you can see from my parts for sale ad, I've just about finished cutting up a 1971 4 door Cutlass and could come up with a set if you needed them. If not I'll be sure to pull them and they'll go into one of many coffee cans of fasteners! John
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Allen, are you needing a set or just commenting on what looks like a better quality of repop on the market? As you can see from my parts for sale ad, I've just about finished cutting up a 1971 4 door Cutlass and could come up with a set if you needed them. If not I'll be sure to pull them and they'll go into one of many coffee cans of fasteners! John
John, you're one of the best. If I ever need them I know to get them from you; seems you have 2 of almost everythihg . To answer your question, it started out as just a comment. There are a lot of 'NOS' GM Strikers on ebay, but they are mostly for the 80's cars. The NOS ones that are period correct for the 68-77?? seem to be outrageously priced. I just thought these were closer to the original 60s and 70s and wondered if anyone had any experience with them or planned to use them.
Originally Posted by Allan R
........I was just posting this for anyone who was interested in newer replacement parts and who don't want to pay NOS prices. I have seen other repros that are really wrong, or have a (what looks like plastic) bushing on the collar.......
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John (and others)
This is why I had originally posted about the door strikers.
Not an uncommon sight on ebay to see the $$ on this item http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:CA:1123