General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

doing it and bs.

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:36 PM
jfb

Exclamation doing it and bs.

Hey guys i know a lot of us are either done or working hard at it. I say congrats on doing it! I believe that all of us as a whole need to step up and keep it alive until we get it all done and then some. I also see bs around and i am sure you do to, They do not like to get there hands dirty but like to talk the talk and not walk it like we do! I say lets roll and put the bsers to shame! Theres a time online for info and then do it!
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:52 PM

We used to call this BSC...now we just nod our heads and smile...wtf?

ETA: "call" - I left it out when I originally posted this

Last edited by ah64pilot; March 8th, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Steve I'm glad you figured it out....
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Steve I'm glad you figured it out....
I haven't been on much lately...but I figured out he was BSC a while ago...I just never said anything until he just went full retard. I couldn't help myself.
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:30 PM
jfb

This thread was meant to all who have been keeping it straight, we all are taking pride in our rides and work. I would really like to see the ones who are into racing get together and run around fall i would be there definitely! Let the chips fall where they may bul-------s to the side! They know who they are and would never be at the track! lets roll and do!
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:01 PM
jfb

Keep this thread alive and lets post who around chicago around october wants to race. I am leaving this open inventation across the nation we are really just 1 group together,anybody who wants to race is plain cool and shows that he or she has the ba--s to stand up for the ultimate test of there oldsmobile, of course nhra safely and the chrondeks the ultimate test! I will check back but keep this thread going intil may. I now have friday thru sunday to complete mine but i have done over 90 percent of it already over several years. I feel we need around 300 total to keep the costs down reasonably. I will check back in may and then this will be worked out. Keep it going guys all of us need this.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:35 PM
jfb

I have 1 last thought for anybody to ponder and this is why i said across the nation. I have lived in texas so i am hoping that they will step up somehow. I still have friends in dallas. i have been in a few other states also. we live in a united and beautiful country we all are the same. people need to explore the usa it is one h-ll of a country! by the way no bs and no drama! we need cars in carshows across the nation also and we need to have a good showing there also we need to go ba--s out everywhere! let it roll and get the job done!
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:36 PM

huh?
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by atkinsom
huh?
I said the same thing
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I always am happy to walk the walk . Im actually more vocal on here than with my friends but that is due to the fact we alll love oldsmobiles here. Im usually the guy who does not say much , works alone and build his stuff with not so exotic parts. case and point me putting the spank on my buddies el camino with an aluminum bordix headed 355 chevy with my little 350 olds with the frankenstien bottom end. I have done all the work on my car front to back exc. the rear end and trans. This winter has dragged out and my garage has no heat so my plan on hitting the track in late april have been thrown out the window and im just looking to hit the track a few times this summer. The other thing slowing me down is sidejobs. It's either work on my car or make money so that i can buy stuff for my car it's a catch 22.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by jfb
This thread was meant to all who have been keeping it straight, we all are taking pride in our rides and work. I would really like to see the ones who are into racing get together and run around fall i would be there definitely! Let the chips fall where they may bul-------s to the side! They know who they are and would never be at the track! lets roll and do!

Originally Posted by jfb
Keep this thread alive and lets post who around chicago around october wants to race. I am leaving this open inventation across the nation we are really just 1 group together,anybody who wants to race is plain cool and shows that he or she has the ba--s to stand up for the ultimate test of there oldsmobile, of course nhra safely and the chrondeks the ultimate test! I will check back but keep this thread going intil may. I now have friday thru sunday to complete mine but i have done over 90 percent of it already over several years. I feel we need around 300 total to keep the costs down reasonably. I will check back in may and then this will be worked out. Keep it going guys all of us need this.

Originally Posted by jfb
I have 1 last thought for anybody to ponder and this is why i said across the nation. I have lived in texas so i am hoping that they will step up somehow. I still have friends in dallas. i have been in a few other states also. we live in a united and beautiful country we all are the same. people need to explore the usa it is one h-ll of a country! by the way no bs and no drama! we need cars in carshows across the nation also and we need to have a good showing there also we need to go ba--s out everywhere! let it roll and get the job done!
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:57 PM

Ok I've got to be missing something here but it's starting to get funny as hell LOL!!!
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by atkinsom
Ok I've got to be missing something here but it's starting to get funny as hell LOL!!!
Welcome to my world
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:31 PM

Yeah, I guess I'm a little lost with this one too.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:33 PM
jfb

i guess i did not make this point clearer so i need to add a note until may. I like anybody else had to also finish my ride and i missed a lot of activities,But that is plain cool also we all need time resources etc period and also good luck with it. I am saying that if anybody in the nation can or would like to be here in early october and wants to race lets do it with class as a group. I want our rides parts etc to keep growing and progressing overall. We all need to have the basics there for the future and these cars were meant to be raced if built right. carshows etc racing is a cool part of what we all do period and times must go forward. I like my other friends race ,they like fords i am really the only olds guy and we have 1 camaro guy. If positive things are not noticed we will in time have nothing we need the excitement for memories to be nourished. I would if you can sign on this thread until may and say yes or no.
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

We have been trying this every september at byron dragway b.o.p race for YEARS. Usually Never more than 30 cars. That's just the way it is. I had my old lady run my car last year. It was more fun watching her smile than me actually running.
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
We have been trying this every september at byron dragway b.o.p race for YEARS. Usually Never more than 30 cars. That's just the way it is. I had my old lady run my car last year. It was more fun watching her smile than me actually running.
Why don't you invite jfb over in September and he won't have to wait until October and you might have 1 more person show up at least.
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Why don't you invite jfb over in September and he won't have to wait until October and you might have 1 more person show up at least.

That is a GREAT idea!!!
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
jfb

once again if you read my last posts i guess it is not clear enough from me. I like heads up racing, bracket racing is just not my cup of tea. I wanted to get a bunch of us together to just run for fun and nothing else. i used to get a bunch of guys together 2 to 3 times a year for that but now they all have new kids and time is a b---- for them. I guess unless more people are just looking for fun and have the resources time money etc then this will be brought up another year. I hope everybody gets there babies done mine took real time etc also,I totally understand that believe me i really do,I did mine burning up or cold also,plus no free time to. i will hit the local strips with my buddies who have time to just run and not in a class.
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
jfb

1 more note also if we run into each other cool lets talk cars. byron,union grove, 41,maybe 66 and i will be by 4 mustangs and 1 camaro also. I have several friends into running and always looking for more. We have all had the hard times to finish our projects. I thought possibly that more were done But there is always next summer 0f 2014 ,make 2013 a goal year to get as much done as possible go for it we all have at one point. By the way my car is black and silver ,The mustangs blue and whites ,The camaro is pure silver and a ls model. I will now close this thread officially until 2014.
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Old School Olds

I thought you said May.
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:41 PM
jfb

hey i appreciate the above comment guys but i was looking for a couple hundred guys.I thought that we as a group had more work to do and that is what i understood and i have been there believe me and i respect that period. I wanted to keep costs down for all for everything 50 plus gas ,tolls, parts etc adds up plus possible carnage. I want anybody to decide this is not only for me and i have had a few posts when i wanted to go until may with this but my computer did pick up some posts so it happens for possible positivity.. you guys decide i am really off until may even if my computer picks up activity. jfb ,Go for it and get the job done.
Old March 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by jfb
hey i appreciate the above comment guys but i was looking for a couple hundred guys.I thought that we as a group had more work to do and that is what i understood and i have been there believe me and i respect that period. I wanted to keep costs down for all for everything 50 plus gas ,tolls, parts etc adds up plus possible carnage. I want anybody to decide this is not only for me and i have had a few posts when i wanted to go until may with this but my computer did pick up some posts so it happens for possible positivity.. you guys decide i am really off until may even if my computer picks up activity. jfb ,Go for it and get the job done.
we have a jamaican guy at work and when he talks to me I nod up and down a lot...I try to understand a word or two per sentence and then put it all together in my head after he's done talking, for the most part I always feel ripped off talking to him because I walk away empty handed not understanding much of what he said.... sooo this is something about racing??
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by pogo69
we have a jamaican guy at work and when he talks to me I nod up and down a lot...I try to understand a word or two per sentence and then put it all together in my head after he's done talking, for the most part I always feel ripped off talking to him because I walk away empty handed not understanding much of what he said.... sooo this is something about racing??
This.

And forged parts
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM
morgan

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
This.

And forged parts
Haha... With all those 'forged' parts you got I hope you race better than the texans play football (choke choke). GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!
Old March 16th, 2013, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by pogo69
Haha... With all those 'forged' parts you got I hope you race better than the texans play football (choke choke). GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!
Where's Rob or Richard when you need them? Did anyone else see that? That's a low blow

BTW, I just put some 'forged' tubular control arms on my silver car yesterday. Tomorrow I will be putting some 'forged' rear control arms with spherical bearings instead of bushings...it's gonna shred the 60' after this, I hope!
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
jfb

well i checked back in and for the time being we have almost 0 to go but you can easily see the jokers around. like i said if you have work to get done just do it i have been there before,I respect people who do it i know how long it takes and expense.
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:29 PM

I feel stoned reading this thread. What where we talkin bout again ? Doing it and bs. I'm still confused.
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Administrator

If a tree falls in the woods and no one's there to hear, does it still make noise?
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I'm indecisive. Or am I..

I'm with you copper. I dropped a lot of brain cells trying to figure this out. The virtual lack of punctuation and capitals at the beginning of sentences doesn't help. One giant effin' run on sentence is sure doing it and bs.
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
I feel stoned reading this thread. What where we talkin bout again ? Doing it and bs. I'm still confused.
Lol...please stop.....stomach hurt. Eyes water LOL!
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM

I got the munchies and I'm grilling chicken as we speak. Bahahah.
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Back in high school, it seemed like it was important who was doing it, and then for years it didn't seem to matter anymore.

Weird thing is that now that I'm getting a bit older, it seems like it's getting important again.

- Eric
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Lmao eric !
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM

ROFL!!!!! That's hilarious Eric and doin the BS
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I hope you didn't blow any chicken out your nose, Copper. And that's no BS.

- Eric
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:08 PM

No no eric I'm still cooking. Go ahead.I don't blow chicken by anymeans.
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM

Look at these two hot chickens... DO IT!

Ah, yeah...

What the heck is this thread about anyway?
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:28 PM

Anyone remember the movie Airplane? The part where June Cleaver comes up and says "Excuse me stewardess, but I speak jive..."

Where is June Cleaver when you need her? Maybe she speaks 'incoherent' as well as jive?
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
jfb

I guess it still needs clarification to some, I am talking about a day of drag racing around october 1 on 1 competition. I checked this yesterday for updating purposes not super proper pemanship. I have to much activity this time of the year for bs. I said yesterday if you have a lot to do good luck and i respect that,I did it also at 1 time. I will once again say this if we get around 220 to 300 people guys or women we can lower the costs. keep it going until completion. I will check around may 1st again. If this does not work out i usually run all summer with friends not somebodys bs. leave your handle and a yes if interested posted.

Quick Reply: doing it and bs.