General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Copper Pearl paint

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2016, 07:56 PM
Smash

Copper Pearl paint

Anyone have a paint code for a Copper Pearl or copper Metalic ? I gave my painter a old sample of copper he ended up matching it to a Hyundai Vitamin C I put a hold on it till Monday. I just can't have a Hyundai paint color on my American muscle. Can't do it not gonna do it. Looked too orange anyway. I know Harley Davidson makes a copper Pearl but I've seen Cornets, Chargers, Camaros, and custom older trucks with this paint. Damn if I can find a code that's not from a private dealer. Would need a DuPont or a American auto manufacturer. I will follow up with a Camaro pic that's badd *** tell me whatcha think ? Thx
Old March 31st, 2016, 07:59 PM
Smash

This is Copper Metalic has to be custom though. the Pearl is the same look without the custom. I think I can be schooled pretty easy on this subject.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
image.jpeg (75.9 KB, 26 views)
Old March 31st, 2016, 08:46 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I patched my fenders with sheet metal from a lexus , and patched my doors with vw fender sheet metal lol. Look up sunburst orange. Gm color. BTW dupont is no longer it got bought out by Axalta and it's junk now imo. You could change the hundayi formula to make it a custom formula you can darken and lighten any paint formula and make it your own. It just takes time.

Last edited by coppercutlass; March 31st, 2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old April 1st, 2016, 03:19 AM
Lansing built

Do you remember the C10 truck project called "copperhead" here is a link for that custom color mix:http://www.mypowerblock.com/profiles/blogs/copperhead-1

Pat
Old April 1st, 2016, 06:53 AM

Copperhead is a much nicer color than the factory HD copper they put out a few years back. I fell in love with the HD copper and almost bought a new bike because of it. Now when I look at those bikes I'm glad I didn't.
Old April 1st, 2016, 09:55 AM
Smash

This is all good info however the shop requires a code only. I'm trying to match it up in a book so far no good. I went in there with all kinds of pictures like the Camaro but they need a code this way I guess there not responsible if I don't like it. I sign off on a code and learn to like it even if I don't
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:15 AM
Old(s) Fart

Is "copper pearl" a particular manufacturer's brand name? Which manufacturer? Pretty much every manufacturer offered this color in the last few years. Go to TCP Global and look through late model paint chips.

Old April 1st, 2016, 10:49 AM
Smash

I was on TCP couldn't find a code. Found a very close match of the copper Pearl but no code. I think it was a candy brown or s
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:57 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by smash72
I was on TCP couldn't find a code. Found a very close match of the copper Pearl but no code. I think it was a candy brown or s
The paint codes are below the chips on the charts I posted above, as examples.