General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Cool Parts Yard in Colorado

Old January 21st, 2012, 12:02 PM

Cool Parts Yard in Colorado

Thought I'd share this. There are lots of cool project/parts cars in this yard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N81du...Bb5slgORenfMzg
The guy narrating calls himself restodan. I like his videos. He seems like a good guy who is super resourceful. I watched all his videos on a resto he's doing of a 63 Impala. What can I say? I got hooked.

Here's a link to his resto... I think there are 66 videos in total, and the project is still ongoing.
http://www.youtube.com/user/restodan...sort=da&view=u
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM

better junk yard in colorado

been to pikes peak not bad kinda pricey but if you want to have fun go about 20 miles east on 24 and you will find a good friend his name is duane and he has a private collection of over 3000 cars and is now decided to start selling them off he has a stack of olds titles a foot thick plus a bunch of other brands ( internationals , chrysler, some ford and some chevy) let me know and i will help you get in touch with him
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:59 PM

I'm looking for some hard to find parts from Cutlass / and /or TORO
air inlet hoses .

If your buddy is into parting cars also - I'd be very interested in getting
his info to contact.

thks
Old January 21st, 2012, 01:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The only 2 Olds in the video were in the showroom. Still, that's a cool yard with some great projects waiting for someone to latch onto.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:11 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Why would you want to see broken down Oldsmobiles Allan? Be glad the only 2 were in the showroom

Here's a pile of 1000 Oldsmobiles that are now tin cans if you wish to be sad.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKuD...eature=related
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
Why would you want to see broken down Oldsmobiles Allan? Be glad the only 2 were in the showroom

Here's a pile of 1000 Oldsmobiles that are now tin cans if you wish to be sad.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmKuD...eature=related
I don't like to see Olds's broken down. I was just expecting to see a better 'selection' of Olds projects is all. It was nice to see 2 Olds's in the showroom though.

That is an awesome video. Had to laugh when the truck came by 2 min into it. Looks like the video guy had to run and hide. What the heck language was that anyway? Later in the video it looked like it was a japanese tour going through there

Where was that video shot?? Wonder if that yard is still around.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM

I kinda figured someone would mention that the olds content in that vid is limited. That's OK, but i was putting in in the General category. I like how this group isn't strictly about olds all the time.

BUT... with Oldsmobiles in mind, is there some kind of list or registry or anything that puts all these olds parts yards in one place? I moved half way across the continent 6 months ago and I have no clue where any yards are (public or private). I'm hoping one day I could plan a road trip and pick up a few things.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I'm not sure on the language. I'm a dumb American.

But the yard was
Hall's Oldsmobile Salvage yard.
Soldier, KS 1992.

The most numerous dead Oldsmobiles I've ever seen in one place. Approximately 1500
I think most of them are crushed today.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Rocket Richard
... with Oldsmobiles in mind, is there some kind of list or registry or anything that puts all these olds parts yards in one place? I moved half way across the continent 6 months ago and I have no clue where any yards are (public or private). I'm hoping one day I could plan a road trip and pick up a few things.
Boy do I wish there was.... I think it's basically a crapshoot up here. When the wife and I were out around Salmon Arm (gotta be 15 years ago) we started looking around the backwoods areas at some of the new developments that were on the go. Quite by accident I found a farm where there were a couple of Cutlass/442 fastbacks sitting on the other side of the fence quietly rusting away. At the time they were in good shape. No one was home and we were heading back to Edmonton the next day so never did find out if I could have got one of them.

I know there's parts yards you can get stuff around Kamloops. We have a few here in AB, and the Battlefords of SK has stuff too. If you're in Van, what about a trip down to WA state or Oregon?

Where abouts did you move from? I'm hoping you like BC and give glowing recommendations; that's where I'm moving in a couple of years.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:08 PM

Thats a great video of that place in Colorado! All kinds of cool stuff and it actually looks pretty organized. I would love to go threw there.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
The only 2 Olds in the video were in the showroom. Still, that's a cool yard with some great projects waiting for someone to latch onto.
At the 7:46 point of the video, when he says a row of Buicks, wasn't that some 58 Oldsmobiles at the end of the row?
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 66luvr
At the 7:46 point of the video, when he says a row of Buicks, wasn't that some 58 Oldsmobiles at the end of the row?
That's what I thought too because the 58 sides are very distinctive.
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Boy do I wish there was.... I think it's basically a crapshoot up here. When the wife and I were out around Salmon Arm (gotta be 15 years ago) we started looking around the backwoods areas at some of the new developments that were on the go. Quite by accident I found a farm where there were a couple of Cutlass/442 fastbacks sitting on the other side of the fence quietly rusting away. At the time they were in good shape. No one was home and we were heading back to Edmonton the next day so never did find out if I could have got one of them.

I know there's parts yards you can get stuff around Kamloops. We have a few here in AB, and the Battlefords of SK has stuff too. If you're in Van, what about a trip down to WA state or Oregon?

Where abouts did you move from? I'm hoping you like BC and give glowing recommendations; that's where I'm moving in a couple of years.
Man, that's too bad. If I find any parts yards around I'll keep it in mind to post it here. And too bad you couldn't get a hold of the owners of those cars. It's funny how you can run into something like that just out of pure luck.

I'm definately thinking of a road trip down south to WA, Oregon and even Cali to visit some relatives. This will likely be in a couple of years though. But I may have to go to Portland a few times for work this year, so I could make it into a road trip. Looks like I'll need to do some research.

I moved to Van from Winnipeg. One of the locals here told me that BC stands for "bring cash" . That's true. Vancouver was just rated the world's 2nd most expensive city in the world! It makes it hard... we've been looking for a house since last July and haven't found anything yet. They have beaten down old crack houses here that are on the market for $600,000. It's ridiculous, so it's taking us a while to get settled. It will take even longer to be able to do some good work on my olds. I need a garage! If you don't need to be in Van the prices in the greater Vancouver area are better, but still very high compared to what I saw in Winnipeg. It all depends on where you want to live.

BUT, so far living here has been great. The weather is mild, the scenery is beautiful, if you like the outdoors there are tons of things to do, and nothing too far away. I'm excercising more, I quit smoking... things are good.
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Glad to hear life's better for you. Yeah, I know about the 'bring cash' syndrome. We aren't looking for Van, more in the Surrey, Langley Abottsford area. Looked on line last fall and there were some really nice places I'd seriously consider. Priced from 380 - 415,000.00 I could probably swing that without too much trouble. Our house here is mortgage free and we might even make some money off it if it all works out right. Too bad I can't move now though, especially with the dirt cheap mortgage rates.

I know that when we move, I will probably be making more than the occasional trip down to the US for parts and to visit some of the guys.