General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Car club websites

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2010, 10:46 AM

Lightbulb Car club websites

Hi,

I'm undertaking a project to build a new website for my local Oldsmobile chapter and am looking for inspiration. So, please let me know of any car club websites or links that have impressed you. The site(s) doesn't have to be Oldsmobile specific; I'm just looking for format and layout.

Thanks!
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:40 AM

Here's ours...www.oldsnorthernlights.com
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Here's ours..
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...isclaimer.html
Old October 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

I offer that you can use the clubs and communities part of Wild About Cars to build an accessible website quickly (see www.oldsperformanceclub.com). The only thing the OPC did was purchase their own domain names and they had the WAC staff build them an index page which then pushes you thru to their website on WAC. if you click on the URL you will see what they did.

You do not have to do this - can just use the existing WAC URL - see http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-bin/clubs.cgi?clubid=9990353587006

Advantages: little setup, lots of features, including calendaring, forums, point and click e-mail blast, membership roster maintenance, and photo albums and more. Plus your members would have access to all the tech materials, brochures, ads and the like on WAC.

Disadvantage, if you don't want the expense, the community site will have a similar appearance to the other communties on WAC, though it can be customized to quite a degree (read $$ for web design time).

Cost: None if you go with the straight website. A URL and a placeholder page is dependent on what you want to do. A typical URL w/hosting of the placeholder is going to cost you $150-$250, if you want something like what the OPC does.

If you are interested in a tour using our webX tool, I can take you through the process as if you were sitting alongside me - all from the comfort of your own home. :-)

Let me know - you can contact me at bob.gerometta@wildaboutcars.com and I can set up a tour. I know you are a member of WAC so you have some familiarity with the site.

Bob G
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:39 PM

There's a couple here http://www.oldirononline.com/html/links.htm See the right side.

Last edited by mike's88; October 19th, 2010 at 08:41 PM.