General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Buyer beware

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2015, 02:55 PM

Thumbs down Buyer beware

DO NOT BUY ANY PARTS FROM KURT PARKER FROM BERRYVILLE VIRGINIA! I purchased a steering wheel from him that he miss represented as "perfect original condition". Without getting into the details, he sent me a junk steering wheel, took my money and would not take the steering wheel back and give me back my money. Do NOT trust this guy, as he will probably treat you the same.
Old April 28th, 2015, 04:53 AM
72 Olds CS

Is he a member here? Ebay? Any pics of the wheel?
Old April 28th, 2015, 04:58 AM

I'll get some pictures within the next couple days, it is at my shop. I know he sells on ebay but I couldn't find his seller name.

Last edited by oldcutlass; April 28th, 2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Email posting against forum rules
Old April 28th, 2015, 05:35 AM

could be worse , being in Australia I know of a guy who thought he had have bought "original clean rust free car", got seit nt to Oz only to find out they have been sold a totally rusted out pile of junk....eg friend bought a 57 chev coupe car looked great had been subject to a really nice inside out paint job...was told it was original rust free car . had pics sent of car ,,...well car lands in ..OZ ...cars entire floors had been gel coated , painted with body sound proofing ....$25k down the drain.... so a entire repro floor pan , boot floor , sills , body mounts was installed .. and the pass quarter panel had been pop revited on with tons of bondo. ended up spending another $30k on total body repairs / total repaint ............
Old April 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Photoshop God

File paypal dispute?
Old April 28th, 2015, 12:58 PM

Nothing used will ever be perfect, not even NOS is. You really should have had photos up first, so we can judge it since your calling out this guy and putting his personally email up from your bad experience.
Old April 28th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Mr. Johnson

If you are going to shame a seller I think the details are important in this instance. I mean did you see a photo of a wheel and get something completely else or it was it just not what you expected. Just wondering...
Old April 28th, 2015, 05:14 PM

I would not believe a line like "perfect original condition" for a used steering wheel that is like 40-50 yrs old. Even NOS would have shelf wear by now. Opinions vary- look at old coin grading. Parts they throw out in AZ is "mint condition" here.

Photos?
Old April 28th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Please note, without proof and pictures this thread will be deleted in 24 hours.
Old April 28th, 2015, 08:39 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Please note, without proof and pictures this thread will be deleted in 24 hours.
With all due respect thats BS if he wants he could post a pic of a different wheel and anyone bad mouthing a parts vendor will get the post deleted right
Old April 29th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

At least if he posts pictures, he is posting refutable evidence.

As it stands now, he has posted no evidence.

- Eric
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:38 AM

Here are some pictures of what I received. I'll post the pictures of what he sent me in a minute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20150428_192828.jpg (35.5 KB, 287 views)
20150428_192904.jpg (68.1 KB, 278 views)
20150428_192908.jpg (63.1 KB, 237 views)
20150428_192844.jpg (66.6 KB, 236 views)
20150428_192837.jpg (32.7 KB, 219 views)
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:40 AM

Here is what I was told that I would receive.
Attached Images
IMG_4838.JPG (123.9 KB, 295 views)
IMG_4839.JPG (128.6 KB, 278 views)
IMG_4840.JPG (107.9 KB, 262 views)
IMG_4841.JPG (119.7 KB, 250 views)
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:42 AM

The previously posted pictures are all I received via email from him. He wouldn't talk about it over email and insisted that I call to talk about it.
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:53 AM
72 Olds CS

It doesn't look like the same wheel unless those original pics are 40 years old. I agree I would be upset if I received that wheel particularly after a description of perfect original condition.
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:58 AM

The best part is that I explicitly asked if there were ANY cracks and he told me that there was no cranks on the wheel. I understand it is 40-50 years old, but I thought I was getting what he described on the phone and what was in the pictures.
Old April 29th, 2015, 05:35 AM
Administrator

This part was purchased through what venue? Craigslist, ebay, here, ...? What payment method did you use, cash, check, paypal, ...? Was this a private party or a business?
Old April 29th, 2015, 07:46 AM

I had posted a wanted add and he responded to my email address. He is a private party and I paid him through paypal. I have filed a dispute with paypal and I am awaiting contact or a disposition.
Old April 29th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Unless any contradictory evidence comes out, I'd say it looks like this guy is a dishonest seller.

I agree: Buyer Beware!

- Eric
Old April 29th, 2015, 08:10 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Somthing about him sounds familar. I think I delt with him, while I didn't get taken I was less than pleased with him and told myself not to deal with him anymore. I also believe he was a poster on this board and was removed. I believe it was for selling bad parts. It was 4-5 years ago if I am remembering correctly. Maybe a Mod could check?

Larry
Old April 29th, 2015, 08:31 AM

as someone who sells parts on here often. it is hard to see someone do it wrong. I have had customers not happy for what ever reason and try to make it right every time. Some you can not please. This does not seem to be that case. I had a guy buy a set of pulleys and then tell me they were bent. I said ok return them. I put a mark on my items I sell. the mark was not on the returned items. yet I still sent him replacements and when i checked the ones he sent me they were not bent anyway. Some people can not be pleased. If anyone ever has an issue with something I sell let me know, I will do my best to make it right. If they do it like this where they are slamming me on a forum I would say well making this right with you would be crazy because you did not give me an honest chance to make it right. If you file a paypal dispute, they take the time to investigate it and if you were wronged like you are proposing they will not only refund you the money, they won't require you return the item. I don't always agree with that. But, at least wait until the dispute is settled there before you trash them on any forum.

Again if anyone has ever had something I have sold them not seem correct or right get a hold of me directly.

This does not on the surface look like a misunderstanding. I hope this seller and buyer come to a understanding. This is a great hobby and love we have and we need honest people taking care of each other. Fixing up these cars has enough headaches.

Larry Moyer
Redmond, Or
lemoldsnut@aol.com
Old April 29th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Gary

Originally Posted by Thybigwheel
Here is what I was told that I would receive.
That is a big difference. I would be highly upset as well.
Old April 29th, 2015, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by gh5168
That is a big difference. I would be highly upset as well.
X2. Ize hates mis-represented/bait-n-switch transactions...

Originally Posted by lshlsh2
Somthing about him sounds familar....
Well, since Berryville , VA only has a pop. of < 3000...A quick CO search on 'Berryville'...
Old April 29th, 2015, 11:37 AM

When all else fails submit his phone number or email address to telemarketing sites so he gets blasted with unwanted calls. Just a little retribution thats all....
Old April 29th, 2015, 01:42 PM

I built a restaurant there years ago (Battle Town Inn) got snowed in and ended up with a girlfriend for awhile......What town? I never saw one. But that was 40 years ago.

I to sell some stuff on here----biggest problem is I am old and lazy and sometimes put it up for sale then decide I don't want to fool with it. But if I send it and it isn't right send it back. I to have been victim of getting something back that wasn't mine--REALLY? Most of my stuff is also marked......This guy is a thief.
Old April 29th, 2015, 02:42 PM

I would say, to give the benefit of the doubt, that he shipped the wrong item.

So, run your dispute thru paypal- they are very BUYER friendly- and mark it as lesson learned.

What I see above is two entirely different items.

I recently sold an item, less than perfect, buyer was not happy.... what to do?
Buy it back.
Rebuilt J heads needed work... refunded part of the price.
Sold cracked heads as "H" replicas - nope, that was one of the major provable lies spread by the bubes. At that point I had made exactly ONE pair of replica H heads, and the buyer was so happy he called to ask for other work.

I don't need to leave a string of PO'd buyers
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:09 PM
72 Olds CS

Originally Posted by Octania
I would say, to give the benefit of the doubt, that he shipped the wrong item.

So, run your dispute thru paypal- they are very BUYER friendly- and mark it as lesson learned.

What I see above is two entirely different items.

I recently sold an item, less than perfect, buyer was not happy.... what to do?
Buy it back.
Rebuilt J heads needed work... refunded part of the price.
Sold cracked heads as "H" replicas - nope, that was one of the major provable lies spread by the bubes. At that point I had made exactly ONE pair of replica H heads, and the buyer was so happy he called to ask for other work.

I don't need to leave a string of PO'd buyers
i saw a username on ebay the other day that seemed familiar but i couldnt recall why ...google search showed me your old thread that I had read at the time. Yup there it was same UN. BTW now selling a a j headed 455 FYI
Old April 29th, 2015, 08:00 PM

Is this the same Kurt Parkerwho was 'filbily' on this site back in 2010? If so he had wronged another member then over some AC parts. That was a nasty mess...
EDIT - I think it is - his phone number has a virginia area code. And he would only 'prove' himself over the phone then, too.
filbily was banned long ago and he had tried coming back under new names (which were squashed).
If he has a new user name, let one of the mods know. I looked at this guy's history and it ain't pretty.
Beware indeed.
Old April 29th, 2015, 08:22 PM

He answered a wanted ad I had on ROP for a 66/67 A/C center duct part. He said he actually had two of them after seeing the picture I sent him. We worked a deal and I bought both of the parts. Well I didn't receive them and after I contacted him,he said he thought I was asking about the outer chrome deflector. What kind of dumb @$$ would say that after seeing a picture of the actual part I needed. He did refund my paypal account after a few days. He responded to another wanted ad on ROP and I ignored him. He sent me a nasty email asking did I not get his email about having the parts. I told him I wasn't stupid after the first deal and he never contacted me back after that exchange.
Old April 29th, 2015, 08:37 PM

On ROP, which is down, lol, we would send out some characters in a van to exact justice.
Old May 1st, 2015, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
On ROP, which is down, lol, we would send out some characters in a van to exact justice.
I like the sound of that
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Administrator

After some PM conversations with the OP, I am reposting the email in which he originally communicated, rcktman512@aol.com. In the future I'm sure he will have a new one but for now please take note. This person is not a member on this site and was previously banned for the same issue. The OP was contacted directly though his private email posted with in his parts wanted ad. Again beware of Kurt Parker.
Old May 4th, 2015, 12:28 PM

I just bought a set of complete untouched #5 heads from this Kurt parker. He has described the heads as ready-to-install, sold for 100$ a head.
I paypal'ed him the money and am waiting for him to ship them. Reading this thread makes me nervous... Thank God for having used paypal and marked the purchase as goods, not gifts.
Old May 6th, 2015, 07:00 AM

in Australia , pay pal is a bit slow sometimes it is quiker to visit the seller and have a very social talk....if you cant do this in person get someone you trust to visit him.....and NO im not talkin about doin anything against the law or violence ... just make him aware that this ol car game is very tight ...name and shame ....im sure his little business could dry up soon ...
Old May 6th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Kjr442

Problem is that these guys hide under different names, username ... It is easy to change emails.
Old May 25th, 2015, 08:25 AM

Upon reading this thread, me and Kurt have been in touch and cleared a couple of misunderstandings. My heads are shipped on their way to my adress and all is good. I have nothing bad to say about dealing with Kurt. I am not saying you other guys are wrong, I just feel it is fair to Kurt to at least mention my good experience.
Old May 25th, 2015, 09:00 AM

Let us know how they look.
Old May 25th, 2015, 09:20 AM

I will. that will, ofcourse, conclude if the deal was good or not.
Old May 26th, 2015, 04:39 AM

I'm also trying to figure out what is fair for the guys he has screwed over in the past?
Old May 26th, 2015, 05:24 AM

I wont be the judge of that. Bad experience is bad experience, period.
I am just saying my experience was not bad.

Quick Reply: Buyer beware