General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Best Transmission shop in Indiana

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM

Best Transmission shop in Indiana

Just want to let anyone in the Indiana (Spencer) area know about this place. It is Vedders transmission service. I have delt with them for many years and i highly recommend them. There are some times they are a little higher than other places but there quality is unmatched by anywhere i have ever seen. With them you get what you pay for. on older stuff they are most of the time less than other places. He is honest and can be fully trusted to not screw you like other transmission shops. Tell him you have an Oldsmobile and he will ask if you know me.

I had them rebuild the transmission in the 62 Jetfire and he had never even seen one of the 4S Hydromatics before. He said he had worked on some like it but not that one itself. After he got it done he said he wanted the TV rod adjusted a certain way. I didn't really listen because i was going to set it exactly like the book said to do... Well, now i have slightly burnt fluid and it never acted like i thought it should at a very slow pace. Today he walked me through why he wanted me to adjust the TV rod the way he wanted it and how to do it. I did it his way and now it works perfect and i can even feel the fluid coupling that makes them call it a so called "4 speed". now he wants me to switch to type F fluid for some reason. i won't question it and just do what he told me this time.

Old November 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
11.52 @116

Very nice. We need someone like this up here in northwest IN.
Old November 20th, 2012, 04:08 PM

Type F is like going from 5w to 10w - a little thicker.
B+M Trick shift is thicker yet.