Addiction Relapse Again, 67 442

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by vickycar
good luck with project. FYI, i read you need a door panel and i know post door panels are not shown as aftermarket, but legendary interiors in new york is repopping them and i bought a set. you have to switch over emblem and chrome strip but they fit perfectly with no trimming and reasonable.
Do you have a picture of the post door panels? I know PUI is repopping them but they only slightly resemble the originals. The ones SMS reproduces are very accurate with the heat stamp vinyl and imitation thread stitching. So does Legendary use the heat stamp process as well? TKS!
Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:25 PM

Door panels

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
Do you have a picture of the post door panels? I know PUI is repopping them but they only slightly resemble the originals. The ones SMS reproduces are very accurate with the heat stamp vinyl and imitation thread stitching. So does Legendary use the heat stamp process as well? TKS!
Can do tomorrow. Legendary where right on. Had my upholstery do it. Says he was amazed how good they were. Call legendary great people to deal with and will answer any questions
Old June 3rd, 2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by vickycar
Can do tomorrow. Legendary where right on. Had my upholstery do it. Says he was amazed how good they were. Call legendary great people to deal with and will answer any questions
Cool, cant wait to see that picture! Funny how I went to their website just now and nothing is listed, don't understand that.....
Old June 4th, 2019, 08:18 AM

Seems Vickycar was mistaken and his door panels were PUI, so Legendary still does not make 67 post car door panels. Still would like to see a good picture of the PUI 's to have a visual comparison.
Old June 4th, 2019, 11:53 AM

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
door panel bill.pdf (87.7 KB, 19 views)
Old June 4th, 2019, 12:15 PM

Thanks Vickycar they really don't look as bad as I thought, It may be an option for me...
Old June 7th, 2019, 01:11 PM

Nice find
Are you going to return it back to stock ?
The car looks solid but as any car guy knows the media blaster can be a scary place.
Old June 7th, 2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bernhard
Nice find
Are you going to return it back to stock ?
The car looks solid but as any car guy knows the media blaster can be a scary place.
Yes thats the plan get it back to stock, 400 E block, correct color, interior etc. Hmmm yeah I know what you mean when the paint comes off.... So far what I have found I have dealt with before, Its a East Coast car, they salt the roads when there Might be snow.

Old June 7th, 2019, 06:49 PM

We have the same issues on the west coast with the road salting. It looks very repairable and your not wasting any time.
Good luck with the restoration.
Old June 15th, 2019, 05:15 PM

Although I am not getting into this build full time I am picking and nibbling at things, maybe a moderator can move this into the Major Build section.... I swapped the shifter for a correct one, still need to adjust the rods and hopefully it works! I also dug out a steering wheel from the stash. The left side trunk floor repair went smoothly, need to figure out what I will do on the right side since the frame mount is rotted, leaning toward replacement of that bracket...
Old June 15th, 2019, 05:56 PM

I see a nice set of daytwo gauges under the dash.
I would replace the mount if it was my car.
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:04 PM

I see a nice set of daytwo gauges under the dash.
I would replace the mount if it was my car.
For sure those cheesy gauges will go away...
Old June 15th, 2019, 06:32 PM

For sure those cheesy gauges will go away...
The gauges are very in with the daytwo fans.
What brand are they you might be able to sell them $
Old June 16th, 2019, 01:18 PM

I do like the 4 speed no console look. With the rough nature, the post coupe, the low options, and the non original 455, maybe you ought to make it into a ZFG street monster.
Old June 16th, 2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
I do like the 4 speed no console look. With the rough nature, the post coupe, the low options, and the non original 455, maybe you ought to make it into a ZFG street monster.
Options are tinted glass, power steering, 4spd and thats about all. The rear is a Chubby 12 bolt 256 gear and posi.... how unexciting.... I have a 355 open that I plan on putting a posi unit into.... The 355 was the standard gear with a 4spd, no AC Since I am already old the car will go back to correct stock as much as possible...
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:25 PM

The gauges are very in with the daytwo fans.
What brand are they you might be able to sell them $
They look like No Name cheap gauges to me.
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:31 PM

Ya know, with those mismatched pedals, it's begging for those chromed barefoot foot outlined pedals.
Old June 16th, 2019, 06:46 PM

Ya know, with those mismatched pedals, it's begging for those chromed barefoot foot outlined pedals.
They are gone already with correct pedal pads, mismatched pads on the original pedals they were, thought maybe someone swapped the entire assembly but it was just the pedal pads....
Old June 16th, 2019, 08:56 PM

They look like No Name cheap gauges to me.
I will ask the experts and get back to you.
Sun,SW, early under dash mount gauges demand $$
The gauge bracket has more detail than most.
Old June 20th, 2019, 10:46 AM

Seems a lot of 67's including this one have the brake warning light missing, glad I had one left in my stash. Also picked up the cone type posi carrier for

he 8.2 P rear.
Old June 20th, 2019, 11:25 AM

I will ask the experts and get back to you.
Sun,SW, early under dash mount gauges demand $$
The gauge bracket has more detail than most.

You were right the gauges have little value. I posted the question on a daytwo thread where their knowledge is extensive.
Old June 20th, 2019, 11:38 AM

Yep its the Sun gauges that bring the most $, those will be my replacements when I find some reasonably priced.... also the sun water temp sensors are VERY expensive and there is a guy repopping them for 150 or so on Ebay...
Old June 28th, 2019, 09:46 PM

Also I'm sure you know you can use 350 Olds pistons for the "E" block rebuild.
Old June 29th, 2019, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by 64Rocket
Also I'm sure you know you can use 350 Olds pistons for the "E" block rebuild.
Yes thanks, depending on what the bore size is now they could work. The E block will take lot bigger bore....
Old June 29th, 2019, 09:21 AM

Maniac, I think Cutlassefi has got modern pistons for the E block in his portfolio now.
Old June 29th, 2019, 03:23 PM

Maniac, I think Cutlassefi has got modern pistons for the E block in his portfolio now.
Thanks will keep that in mind, not jumping on the engine just yet, wagon needs my attention.
Old November 26th, 2019, 02:09 PM

The project is still tarpped and in the yard. I did get the PUI door and rear panels by PUI, they actually look very nice and way cheaper than SMS. One made in USA the other China... I have been so busy with the wagon project but with that coming to a close possibly I can put it into the trailer and bring this one in for some work before Winter's end. The bumpers have been dropped off at Carlisle to Tri City and will be picked up at the Spring swap. I was surprised the price was still 625 each for rechrome, no increase since I had the wagon ones done a couple of years ago. I have tracked down a pair of 67 bucket seats but will need to get front and rear post repro covers. I still want to try and get the 455 going and see how it runs.

Last edited by Oldsmaniac; November 26th, 2019 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 29th, 2020, 05:59 AM

With the wagon project about done, I have my weekends now to do something on the 442. Milder days this Winter have allowed me to work outside and

patch the rot on the rear inner wheel housings and the trunk channel. I also welded up a mangled home drilled rear antenna mount hole on the top of the right rear quarter. I purchased a repro radio delete plate and will do away with the radio. The front fender has no hole for an antenna, its probably just bonded over. I swapped the posi unit into the rear and am working on color change of the bucket seats. The correct sport coupe seat covers are on hand but will probably let an upholstery shop install them. I purchased a rt side rear quarter patch from a donor car, it should be here soon. This side has pretty severe rot, a lot more than the driver's side. I see the rear glass has a bit of rot under and around so that job will be next.
Old February 10th, 2020, 01:38 PM

Still getting parts on hand, recent purchases are rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders, a grill bar, cowl screen, speed cable grommet on firewall. I put a new heater core into the heater box but won't install that just yet. The firewall mat needs replacing. I made a decision to not even bother getting the car going with the 455 but wanted to evaluate condition. I replaced the points filled the carb bowls with gas and put a battery in and vroom the 455 came to life. Over all it seemed to run good with no lifter or other noises and thought maybe I could sell it for a few bucks and thats when my brother said, I want that for my 71 Cutlass so that's that.

Old February 10th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Olds Fever

Isn't is great when a plan comes together and you can see the fruits of your labor... Now if only I could get the time AND motivation to start my 67-W30 project sitting in the far corner of my shop...
Old February 10th, 2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by CRUZN 66
Isn't is great when a plan comes together and you can see the fruits of your labor... Now if only I could get the time AND motivation to start my 67-W30 project sitting in the far corner of my shop...
If I had a legit 67 W car in my garage I would be on it like flies on poo! lol Get to it!
Old February 10th, 2020, 02:05 PM
Olds Fever

If I had a legit 67 W car in my garage I would be on it like flies on poo! lol Get to it!
I hear you... I have been down sizing my fleet over the past couple years so that I am down to 2 G-Bodies, 2 E-Bodies, and 2 early A-bodies, my W30 being one of them, which does put it in the lineup for next project to be started...
Old February 11th, 2020, 11:41 AM

wow....

here you go again LOL.. nice find and tremendous progress so far, looks like somebody raided a gto ( looking at original seats you got with it, the shifter and the chrome around one of the pedals … nice work anyway will be following along...
Old February 11th, 2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
here you go again LOL.. nice find and tremendous progress so far, looks like somebody raided a gto ( looking at original seats you got with it, the shifter and the chrome around one of the pedals … nice work anyway will be following along...
Tks, and your back on yours, keep goin!
Old February 11th, 2020, 12:04 PM

Tks, and your back on yours, keep goin!
Yessir, trying to get something done every day now...or at least every week, good news is I have the parts, and now they are going back in, at least as far as getting her running and moving I decided to tackle the body work myself
Old February 16th, 2020, 06:16 PM

Got nice outside today after a chilly start here in central NJ. I decided to work on getting the rear glass out and assessing the rear channel at the base. At some point someone tried to seal this area with what appears to be glazing compound that had petrified into a rock like substance. It was quite the job getting this out and when I did I saw just how bad this area was rotted. It will take more than a few pieces of metal to repair so a new deck panel will be sourced. I think I described this car as minimal rot, well maybe I should have said typical rot for an east coast car. And yes I have no idea why someone would cut out the metal around the rear speaker area but they did. I will patch this area in as well with a new panel.

Old February 17th, 2020, 06:30 AM

wow, the speaker panel looks like someone went savage! wow. Ive seen your work channel should be straight forward
Old February 17th, 2020, 11:34 AM

door panels....

Hey Bud I am sure you saw these but if you didn't here ya go

https://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/d/mid...048618376.html
Old February 17th, 2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
Hey Bud I am sure you saw these but if you didn't here ya go

https://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/d/mid...048618376.html
Thanks Eddie, I did see those and they would be for a non post car. I could use those on my 67 convert but I would want to see them in person and don't want to make the drive there from Trenton. I figure repos are available for me when the time comes. Thanks Much!
Old February 22nd, 2020, 05:45 PM

Just one picture, tack welded the rear package tray panel, and removed the rotted lower rear glass channel. All went pretty good so far.

Quick Reply: Addiction Relapse Again, 67 442