General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old April 18th, 2011, 08:37 AM

$$$$$$

I found my 71 cutlass supreme convertible which I am in the middle of my restoration. But after my engine overhaul and 4 new floor pans and truck pan and minor fender repair I started adding up my investment. I paid $4700 for the car when I got it and it was in fair conditon the engine ran excellent and had alot of new outer components like new carb/ performer intake,fuel pump and filters ,new distrutor new manifolds and the previous owner gave me receipts for all the purposes of all the stuff he bought oh i forgot new gas tank and sending unit. So he had a little $$$$ invested in the car. His reason for saling was he had a couple true 442 he wanted to focus on. But anyway not including the $350 in gas it took me to drive to go get the car does $4700 sound like I got ripped off. I not sure but I really wanted this car too. My father in law intorduced me to classic cars and he was there through the whole ordeal and he really wasn't please with the price. And also so far through this restoration I haven't found any surpices on the car that I DIDN'T SEE when I bout it car was pretty solid other than truck and 4 floor pans if I knew how I would add pics from 1st day at home

Last edited by antweave; April 19th, 2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: more info