General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

72 442 w29 455 with build sheet

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2021, 08:34 PM
"I need a couch"

72 442 w29 455 with build sheet

Don’t shoot the messenger…
I live in the suburbs of our state capital Jackson Mississippi. I was contacted by the owner of the above described car. It is a TOTAL RESTORATION vehicle.
I am talking engine, suspension, interior, quarters, trunk & floor pans..etc. And while I have owned many fine 68-72 Olds Cutlasses and 442’s, unlike most on this forum, I am clueless on how to fix them or work on them. Yes, strange I know.
This car was ordered at the local Olds dealer in Jackson, Van Trow Oldsmobile. Original owner unknown. But 43 yrs ago a 19 yr old bought it & was purported to be the second owner. This second owner died last yr at 62. His widow is in possession of it and is ready to part with it. Needs to part with it.Bear in mind there is huge sentimental attachment to the car by the widow.
The car has sat up and out for a number of years. (18) is her best guess. It has been in a carport the last 3 yrs. As I understand the story, someone put a new gas tank in it 3 yrs ago and the car ran. She has the original hood but her husband thought that the light fiberglass would cause it to be quicker. It looks like a lot of aftermarket parts under the hood but she says all original stuff is at the house. I saw all the removed a/c components.
And she, (not with my counsel) wants 10k. There are some local guys who want to help her with her loss..including me. I figure someone like me would spend 35k plus to get her back. And I don’t think these bring that..maybe it’s a dream car for one of you who are talented with body work, a spray gun and wrench and could bring the car back less expensively.
Anyhow, take a look at the pictures, look at the build sheet..I am afraid I may not be a lot of help..but will try to be a better photographer than I was today.
I am limited in my contortions as I have artificial hips, fused neck and low back surgery. That’s right, my Dr buddies say I am coded as DNR.”.do not resuscitate.”
I will be out of town for about a week beginning Sun Oct 3. It would be the week of Oct 11 before I could take more pictures.
After looking at this I guess I should have posted in the FOR SALE section. One of our fine site administrators perhaps will sort it rightly. Sorry.

Headed to bed..

​​​​​,
Old October 1st, 2021, 08:42 PM
Banned

You gotta love a car with an actual build sheet. Seems priced well to me.
Old October 2nd, 2021, 03:35 AM

I wonder how many water lines are inside the doors. Does it have a high water level flood mark?
Old October 2nd, 2021, 06:28 AM

For 10 grand, what ya want..its complete ..somebody will ****** it up
Old October 2nd, 2021, 10:41 AM
72 Olds CS

72 u code gold and black!

10k is optimistic but i suspect doable.