General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

70 w 30

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2017, 02:30 PM

70 w 30

I just saw a W 30 for sale, Blue with white conv top, back in 1975 I was working as a MECHANIC and a customer had his Olds brought to the shop on a wrecker for a carb rebuild, no no big deal right. when I removed the carb the center screw in the base plate was MISSING, I looked all over for the screw ans ASSUMED the factory had left one out.

Could find nothing wrong with the carb so cleaned and reassembled, Test drove and everything worked as is should, Felt the G FORCE of the W 30 so took it for a second test drive and this time really got into it, That is when the MISSING screw showed up on top of a piston.

I am convinced that the owner set me up, After the Insurance paid for a replacement SPECIAL W 30 engine the owner kept the money and let his bank have the car.

Lesson learned but sure is burned into my memory .

Just rambling.

Johnny
Old December 12th, 2017, 05:12 PM
W30

Hummnnn
Im a plumber..every quote has like 20 line item disclaimers...because theres so many dirt bag people.
Like plumbing: Fix my faucet ok..im not paying for the faucet because you made the septic to back up..or now the other faucet leaks and its your fault..
Old December 12th, 2017, 08:03 PM

Imagine what neurosurgeons have to endure.