General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

70 Cutlass S (not supreme) parts

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2022, 01:12 PM

70 Cutlass S (not supreme) parts

I am restoring a 70 Cutlass S (not a Cutlass Supreme) and had a few questions about parts, and looking for some input on what parts you may have used in your build.

The existing radiator is all but shot and I know very little about radiators. As far as I can tell, it is still the original, but I don't know how many cores are in it or even how to tell how many cores are in it. I think I will just replace it, but don't necessarily want to spend an arm and a leg on one. Is there one that stands out/you have experience with that is sub $300.

Thanks for the help!
Old May 29th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joshduty
I am restoring a 70 Cutlass S (not a Cutlass Supreme) and had a few questions about parts, and looking for some input on what parts you may have used in your build.

The existing radiator is all but shot and I know very little about radiators. As far as I can tell, it is still the original, but I don't know how many cores are in it or even how to tell how many cores are in it. I think I will just replace it, but don't necessarily want to spend an arm and a leg on one. Is there one that stands out/you have experience with that is sub $300.

Thanks for the help!
I would say shoot a picture from the side of the radiator. Plenty of smart people here can tell you what you have. My guess is you have a three core.
Old May 29th, 2022, 02:39 PM
Old(s) Fart

Most Cutlass and Supreme parts are the same.

Look inside the filler neck of the radiator. If the coolant level is down a little you can count the number of rows.