General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

'68 Dual Snorkel OAI Kit

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2016, 01:04 PM

'68 Dual Snorkel OAI Kit

Was out browsing around the other day and came across a kit that includes everything for a complete set up for OAI.

Was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with or has experienced there products quality. "thepartsplaceinc.com"

They seem to have a pretty good sale for the complete setup for OAI and if others think that there quality of goods is ok then this might be a pretty good deal.

Curious to hear from all about any experience that they have had with "The Parts Place"

Was not quite sure where to put this so if it is in the wrong area please feel free to move it to the correct location...

Thanks for any input.
Doug
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:51 PM

I have bought a lot of things from The Parts Place, including there OAI kit you are looking at. It was not a difficult install but took some time. I would not hesitate to be anything from them and I would recommend that kit if you want OAI on you car.
Old May 12th, 2016, 08:15 PM

You can search this site... note that the parts place is often abbreviated "TPP". The search feature on the site isn't that great, so you can use google with the phrase "site:classicoldsmobile.com "

I wasn't overly thrilled with the quality of the OAI scoops. Check out post 34 and 35 of my build thread: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post808418

However, there aren't many other options out there...
Old May 13th, 2016, 07:15 AM

I bought the Partsplace $1200 OAI kit 2 yrs ago for my '68. After LOTS of work on fitment issues I'm pretty happy with it. I bought mine through their Ebay store(I had a $100 in ebay bucks to use up),not through their regular website. The customer service from the main parts place has always been decent but not so much for their ebay store!!! When I got the kit the air cleaner finish was terrible,it had blistering under the finish from poor prep,the scoops were junk,they didn't even match. One was shiny,one was more the correct low gloss & they both looked like they'd been dragged across a gravel parking lot! The fun really began when I tried to contact them. I called the partsplace,they told me the ebay store was separate & I'd have to email them? (The box was wrapped with miles of "Parts Place" tape though) To make a long story short they did make good on replacing the parts but it cost me another $40 in shipping that they never refunded!! On every email I added my cell # & asked them to call but they just used email. The red fender wells needed a ton of massaging to fit decent. If you don't have a heat gun buy one!! I had to "flare out" the flange area around the wheel opening,especially towards the front. I must have had each one in & out 10 times!!! Oh & to add insult to injury when I sent them a not so nice email about the quality of the parts & having to pay to send their S#@&&Y parts back they blocked me from their ebay store!!! Needless to say Fusicks is my 1st choice!! but the parts place does have allot of stuff no one else has.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
442 pics dec 20133.jpg (383.5 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by rob1960; May 13th, 2016 at 07:20 AM.
Old May 13th, 2016, 07:25 AM

You will find that the way a business responds to a problem will give you a good idea of how they view and respect their customers. TPP has a reputation on being hard to deal with if there is a problem. Fusick is at the top of Olds parts suppliers. They will literally bend over backwards to make it right.
Old May 13th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Rocket Renegade!

I bought a defective Rally-Pac from them some years ago. They replaced it right away. With another defective one. Third try was the charm, and each time they replaced it with no comment or complaint, other than to say, "Yeah, we've been having some problems with those." Well, why do you keep selling them, then?

Also, nobody offered to pay my chiropractor bill from trying to install the damn thing three times.

Last edited by BangScreech4-4-2; May 15th, 2016 at 08:40 PM.