General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

67 Cutlass Pic

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2012, 08:14 PM

67 Cutlass Pic

Here is a pic of my 67' Cutlass I just bought. I flipped the tires to black walls out and put a red stripe on the rims to match the red pin striping on the fenders. I was trying to get the Red Line tire effect without the expense of buying new tires : ) I am thinking about tinting the windows...any thoughts good or bad?? I can take it...this is all reversable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo (5).JPG (81.5 KB, 46 views)
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Just the facts...

SWEET!

bill
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

What?? Just one pic?? C'mon lets see the whole thing from all the angles. You know the drill...

Tinting the windows? Dunno. If it's got AC I don't think so. If no AC - maybe. Try photoshopping the car with privacy tint on the glass to see what it looks like. You have to be careful about tinting and the law though. Research what your state allows for window tinting - what % and shades are allowed. Not worth a ticket.
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
What?? Just one pic?? C'mon lets see the whole thing from all the angles. You know the drill...

Tinting the windows? Dunno. If it's got AC I don't think so. If no AC - maybe. Try photoshopping the car with privacy tint on the glass to see what it looks like. You have to be careful about tinting and the law though. Research what your state allows for window tinting - what % and shades are allowed. Not worth a ticket.
No air ... just the little vent windows to keep me cool so I am thinking about tinting the windows for looks and to help keep it cooler. This car has black everything so it gets a little warm. I will try to get more pics up from different angles. I am new to this and struggled a little posting this one but I think I have the hang of it now. I was just wondering if you guys liked the black walls out or not. I like it but some I know prefer the raised white letters out. Either way, I love the car and get a lot of nice comments at thefew car shows I went too. You don't see many plain Jane 67' Cutlass models up here in Michigan.
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I like the blackwalls out on that car. There are arguments to be made on both sides, but the bottom line is choose tires that YOU are happy with. I used to be a whitewall guy, but I've changed around. Could go white letters but I chose blackwall out on my car too. Looks more aggressive IMO. I think it would look even cooler with the red stripe tires, but I know they are more $$$.

You might have to make that red stripe on the rim more pronounced for effect. Or, were you trying to keep it the same size as the pin-striping?
Old August 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I like the blackwalls out on that car. There are arguments to be made on both sides, but the bottom line is choose tires that YOU are happy with. I used to be a whitewall guy, but I've changed around. Could go white letters but I chose blackwall out on my car too. Looks more aggressive IMO. I think it would look even cooler with the red stripe tires, but I know they are more $$$.

You might have to make that red stripe on the rim more pronounced for effect. Or, were you trying to keep it the same size as the pin-striping?
Thanks for the comments...actually, in person the pin stripes and wheelstripes are a lot more noticeable. It is hard to get them to show up good in the pictures I have. The interior (all black) is in excellent shape. It has bench seats and the dash, headliner etc. is near perfect. I always loved black cars and these 67's really looked good in black IMO.
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM

Here is another pic before I cleaned up the tires. They are a lot blacker now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo (7).jpg (139.4 KB, 27 views)
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM

Just the hood....I know these are bad pics but it is all I have LOL. This has a single stage paint which really shines nice. I don't know much about paint but I think it looks good considering it has not ben buffed out yet...just clay bar
Attached Images

Last edited by Freebeer; August 19th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Very nice! How about some interior and under the hood shots, don't be bashful!
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Very nice! How about some interior and under the hood shots, don't be bashful!
X2
You can load up to 5 pics at a time doing it the way you are.