General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

66-67 differences

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2011, 11:52 PM

66-67 differences

Just curious about what I may be able to take off of this cutlass. I have a 66 in pristine condition but am always worried about something happening anyway the dash looks to be the same color as mine were they same color torquise from 66-67 the steering wheel is obviously different. I would love to have the motor to rebuild and put on a stand in case something were happen to mine so I would only be down a few days to swap. The guy lives in the same small town as me but I think he thinks it is a gold mine but I do not know until I call him.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2325910827.html

Yeah one other thing he has power brakes would that be a direct bolt on to my 66. Do not know if I would do since mine is bone stock but you never know.
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by ithaca4me
Just curious about what I may be able to take off of this cutlass. I have a 66 in pristine condition but am always worried about something happening anyway the dash looks to be the same color as mine were they same color torquise from 66-67 the steering wheel is obviously different. I would love to have the motor to rebuild and put on a stand in case something were happen to mine so I would only be down a few days to swap. The guy lives in the same small town as me but I think he thinks it is a gold mine but I do not know until I call him.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2325910827.html

Yeah one other thing he has power brakes would that be a direct bolt on to my 66. Do not know if I would do since mine is bone stock but you never know.
Assuming both are the same body style (2dr for example) then much of the sheet metal interchanges. The hood, grille, core support, and bumpers are different. The dash is the same. Upholstery pattern is different. Engines will interchange. The brake booster is unfortunately not a bolt-in, however. The 66 cars have a single circuit master cylinder, the 67s have a dual circuit. Because of this, the length of the pushrod between the master cylinder and the brake booster are different. The 67 booster and master cylinder will bolt in to the 66 as a unit, but you'll also have to swap the distribution block and brake lines to convert your 66 to a dual circuit design. That's actually not a bad idea from a safety standpoint, anyway.
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM

The dash is slightly different due to the bigger flat faced ***** introduced for safety in 1967. You will find other small differences, but you can get around some of them.
Old April 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM

Thanks for the replies but he wants 2500.00 which is nowhere near what I would be willing to offer. But if anyone has a 66 330 in Ohio that is willing to part with it shoot me a line.