General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

25 Years!

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2017, 04:38 AM

25 Years!

It's kinda funny how fast time seems to fly by. On May 19, 1992, I took delivery of one particular 1977 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. One pic is from then, and the other from yesterday. This car has been with me through high school, college, married life, divorce and all the successes and failures that life has to offer.

I can't begin to describe what a great car this has been, and I hope will continue to be.

I got her with 83,000 miles and am proudly rocking just shy of 148,000 now! It was great looking through all my old pics of the car that I have acquired over the years, from new tires, to new paint, to a tree coming down on top of her, to all the kids going for rides, etc.

One thing is for sure, one can never put a price tag on memories. To some, a car is just a car. I cannot relate to those people. To me, cars are so much more. Especially, this one!
Old May 24th, 2017, 04:40 AM
72 Olds CS

Looks better now than then !
Old May 24th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Randy C.

That's neat! 25 years of memories...some may have not been the best...but what we all remember is the best!

Randy C.
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Thats out of the ordinary to own a car for that long. Congrats on the milestone.
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:40 AM

Gorgeous!

-pete
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I just sold a 72 Cutlass convertible that I had owned just shy of 24 years. It was hard to do but I know it was the thing to do. If I did not have the 54 there is no way I would have ever sold it. There was another reason that involves an unrestored 57 Chevy that I have owned 49 years that has sentimental value that is going to be a retirement project now. Other than my Roman Red 60 Impala convertible the Cutlass was the prettiest car I ever owned.
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:36 AM

" It's kinda funny how fast time seems to fly by. On May 19, 1992, I took delivery of one particular 1977 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. One pic is from then, and the other from yesterday. This car has been with me through high school, college, married life, divorce and all the successes and failures that life has to offer.

I can't begin to describe what a great car this has been, and I hope will continue to be.

I got her with 83,000 miles and am proudly rocking just shy of 148,000 now! It was great looking through all my old pics of the car that I have acquired over the years, from new tires, to new paint, to a tree coming down on top of her, to all the kids going for rides, etc.

One thing is for sure, one can never put a price tag on memories. To some, a car is just a car. I cannot relate to those people. To me, cars are so much more. Especially, this one!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a real nice story! Here's another one. Years ago my wife said to me " If you sell your car it would help pay for the wedding." That's when I said GET OUT! However, she and I are married and I still have the car. Great Ending isn't it?
Sean