General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

2018 Classic Olds meeting

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2018, 03:17 AM
Lansing built

2018 Classic Olds meeting

Alright, I said I was not going to do this, but nobody stepped up!

We have an approval for Thursday 8-2-18 from 3:00-5:00 P.M. at the host hotel Wyndham hotel. I am still looking for clarification from Jerry Wilson, but from what he described is the prefunction area on the south end of the hotel. Which has five tables and 50 chairs.

This is a change from the dinner meetings. I hope this will be better for discussions. This is a byob informal type meeting. Maybe we can get Dave to give another good old days at Oldsmobile speech?

Floor plan for Wyndham Gettysburg:https://www.gatewaygettysburg.com/re...-factsheet.pdf

Again, THIS IS NOT 100% LOCKED IN. I will try to get Jerry to verify the area name.

Pat
Old July 19th, 2018, 07:50 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 1970cs
Alright, I said I was not going to do this, but nobody stepped up!

We have an approval for Thursday 8-2-18 from 3:00-5:00 P.M. at the host hotel Wyndham hotel. I am still looking for clarification from Jerry Wilson, but from what he described is the prefunction area on the south end of the hotel. Which has five tables and 50 chairs.

This is a change from the dinner meetings. I hope this will be better for discussions. This is a byob informal type meeting. Maybe we can get Dave to give another good old days at Oldsmobile speech?

Floor plan for Wyndham Gettysburg:https://www.gatewaygettysburg.com/re...-factsheet.pdf

Again, THIS IS NOT 100% LOCKED IN. I will try to get Jerry to verify the area name.

Pat

Pat,

Thanks for doing this. Will the hotel serve us there? If so, I'll still buy the first round.
Old July 19th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Once Olds Always Olds

We are in.
Old July 19th, 2018, 11:29 AM

is this an any classic olds member invite?
Old July 19th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by oldolds88
is this an any classic olds member invite?

I knew the free beer would bring them out...

Seriously, yes it is. Hope to see you there.
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Lansing built

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Pat,

Thanks for doing this. Will the hotel serve us there? If so, I'll still buy the first round.
Joe, I will call them to see if we can get a server or two for time period.

Pat
Old July 21st, 2018, 04:01 AM

Thanks Pat, that will be great! Will be there.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 05:04 PM
Lansing built

Ok, it's on for the pre-function area as suggested! I am in the process for some form of beverage service.

Pat
Old July 24th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Old(s) Fart

Ok, it's on for the pre-function area as suggested! I am in the process for some form of beverage service.

Pat

Excellent and thanks again, Pat. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old July 26th, 2018, 02:59 AM
Lansing built

So the beverage service has been shot down by OCA. I tried to setup and pay for a remote bar for the meeting and received a call from OCA within 2 hours that we can't do it, do to insurance purposes! But we can grab from the bar and carry over the beverage on our own.

Can anyone explain the difference to me?

Pat
Old July 26th, 2018, 04:09 AM

Alcoholic beverage service would be covered by the hotels insurance under most circumstances, and that is why most hotels don't allow you to bring an alcoholic beverage into the venue to be drank outside of your own room. Someone is just trying to give you a difficult time in my opinion. It is possible that the hotel has a minimum dollar policy that in effect says that if you set up to have a remote bar, they expect a minimum amount of revenue per hour, and that would type of arrangement would have to go through whomever is responsible for the venue contract i.e. OCA. They probably don't want to get stuck for meeting that minimum dollar amount, and just through out the "insurance" as a reason.
Old July 26th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Junkman
Alcoholic beverage service would be covered by the hotels insurance under most circumstances, and that is why most hotels don't allow you to bring an alcoholic beverage into the venue to be drank outside of your own room. Someone is just trying to give you a difficult time in my opinion. It is possible that the hotel has a minimum dollar policy that in effect says that if you set up to have a remote bar, they expect a minimum amount of revenue per hour, and that would type of arrangement would have to go through whomever is responsible for the venue contract i.e. OCA. They probably don't want to get stuck for meeting that minimum dollar amount, and just through out the "insurance" as a reason.

Considering that this has nothing to do with OCA, I don't see how any "minimum dollar amount" would even affect them. I firmly believe this is lawyers run amok.
Old July 26th, 2018, 03:43 PM

We plan to be there.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 03:43 AM
Lansing built

Bump for those that can make it. Meeting can start as early as 2:00 P.M. map of hotel prefunction area that I have linked above.

Pat
Old August 2nd, 2018, 05:42 PM
Lansing built

A big thanks to all that showed up. It was great meeting you all! Some have come to prior meetings and some were new. Thank you Joe and Troy for the beverage!
I personally liked having a setting where everyone could be heard. And the great stories of everyday life's ups and downs and of course, the obligatory Oldsmobile stories.

Greatest regards.
Pat

Old August 2nd, 2018, 06:00 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

A big thanks to all that showed up. It was great meeting you all! Some have come to prior meetings and some were new. Thank you Joe and Troy for the beverage!
I personally liked having a setting where everyone could be heard. And the great stories of everyday life's ups and downs and of course, the obligatory Oldsmobile stories.

Greatest regards.
Pat
Pat, Thanks again for the effort to set it up! I enjoyed myself as always!
Old August 2nd, 2018, 06:52 PM
Old(s) Fart

A big thanks again to Pat for organizing this. The meeting was a blast and it was great to just spend time talking to members of this site. It's a great community.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 03:50 AM

I screwed up and forgot to attend. Doh! Al
Old August 3rd, 2018, 04:32 AM

I was great meeting everyone and seeing Joe again. I wish I could have stuck around.

Enjoy your last couple of days. Hopefully the rain stops
Old August 3rd, 2018, 09:57 PM

Small turnout but big fun. I really enjoyed seeing old faces and meeting new members. Looking forward to 2019
!
Old August 4th, 2018, 04:58 AM

My son (Mitchy) and I both enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks to Pat for organizing.
Old August 4th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Lansing built

Ok for everybody that was the meeting. This was the video I mentioned that my friend Ryan AKA hurstligtining84 posted a few years back. To refresh, I spoke about how Fisherbody was a few miles away from the main plant or final assembly in Lansing and the those bodies were trucked over. It's almost the 4 minute mark.

Bare in mind that this a mix of somebodies home movies. I will mention that the brick buildings are of Michigan State university and some how later in the tape of L.A.
Also you will see some construction going on by the plant. That is I-496 AKA Olds freeway. The DOT leveled R.E Olds mansion to build the highway.

Another neat thing is that both the old and new Oldsmobile H.Q. or administration buildings were standing at the same time. The really sad part is that I was not even born when this was filmed .https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ca-1968-a.html

Pat