General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

2015 Hot Rod Power Tour

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2014, 08:15 AM
Photoshop God

2015 Hot Rod Power Tour

The power tour stops in my town again this year (Champaign). If anyone needs info on where to stay or not stay or local dining recommendations let me know. If you are staying I'd get a room soon, before they get full or jack the rates up. Best place to stay is hotels along the north side of I74 between Prospect ave and Neil St. Much of the shopping and restaurants are in this area also. We have some good local eats and have been ranked one of the cities with the highest eating out per capita rate so there are many choices, fortunately not to many bad. I can tell you where to avoid, what's good and where it won't be crowded. There is a new Hyatt downtown, their parking is indoor, but valet only I think. There are some other decent places if the I74 area fills up, but you don't want to get stuck staying out of town.

Last time the tour was in town they were doing big burnouts downtown while the police (surprisingly) looked the other way. The stop is at Parkland junior college on the west side of town. They have their own police department of 3 or 4 and they can be dicks. I don't know how they will be at the show. Last time the tour was in town the Parkland motorsports club had autocross racing at the school, I assume they will again. They will probably have an open house at the auto tech building, check it out, it's new and state of the art.

I live literally across the street from where she show is going to be. I posted on ROP that I might host a cookout for the Olds crowd after the show if people are interested.

Who's going
Old December 22nd, 2014, 08:34 AM

I'm thinking about it��