General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1st Big St. Louis Cruise-in 2022

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2022, 07:29 PM

1st Big St. Louis Cruise-in 2022

Hello everyone,
We had our 1st big cruise-in of the season tonight, 1 April. This cruise-in is a monthly event, the 1st Friday, April thru October. In my opinion, it's the best one in St. Louis, averaging ~400-cars per event, with a wide variety of cars. There's always several very nice Mopar models there. It's just my guess, but I think there's a strong Mopar following in St. Louis because there was a Mopar plant here for many, many years, and in the 60's and early 70's they made several muscle car models. My '67 4-4-2 is the 1st pic, and the '68 Cutlass Convertible belongs to the President of the Archway Olds Oldsmobile.Club. Hope you enjoy the pics!

Old April 1st, 2022, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
Old April 1st, 2022, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
You're very welcome. It was just really nice to get my car out and drive it!
Old April 1st, 2022, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Agreed. So many cars to comment on. I love that Three Hundred. 68? Nice SS Camaro. Two red AMX's even. I knew of a GTX identical to that 70. Great diversity there. Nice.

Last edited by no1oldsfan; April 1st, 2022 at 07:44 PM.
Old April 1st, 2022, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Agreed. So many cars to comment on. I love that Three Hundred. 68? Nice SS Camaro. Two red AMX's even. I knew of a GTX identical to that 70. Great diversity there. Nice.
Thanks, it really is a great cruise-in. I could have taken and posted 60 more easy. Great diversity and quality of cars for sure!
Old April 1st, 2022, 07:54 PM
Banned

Very nice.
Old April 1st, 2022, 09:04 PM

Thanks. Some nice looking machines.
Old April 1st, 2022, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by 66SportCoupe
Thanks. Some nice looking machines.
You're welcome!
Old April 2nd, 2022, 02:00 AM
H/o

What area did this event take place in? Chuck-a-Burger would have been my first thought but the pics don't suggest it.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 03:55 AM

Thanks for sharing...love the green A12 Bee!
Old April 2nd, 2022, 04:02 AM

Thanks for the nice pictures.

Wayne

Old April 2nd, 2022, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by H/o
What area did this event take place in? Chuck-a-Burger would have been my first thought but the pics don't suggest it.
H/o - This cruise-in is at Faith Church on Gravois (Hwy 30), North of Hwy 141, about halfway between Fenton and Sunset Hills. It is sponsored by Memories Car Club. It has a humongous parking area (as you can imagine for 400 Display Cars), with a separate parking area for spectators.
Edit - Display cars enter from a separate entrance than the viewing public. They enter from a private service entrance off of Old Gravois Rd. on the southwest side of the church . The private service entrance is not named on Google Maps, but is easily seen on the Satellite Image.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; April 2nd, 2022 at 07:37 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 03:00 PM

My son attended with his yellow ‘05 GTO. He said there was a good crowd. I showed him your photos and he remembered a number of the cars. Thanks for sharing!
Old April 2nd, 2022, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by rgs455
My son attended with his yellow ‘05 GTO. He said there was a good crowd. I showed him your photos and he remembered a number of the cars. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome! Nice your son could attend, and there was a good turnout, the display area was almost full by 6:00 pm, with occasional cars still coming in. After the long winter I think everyone was ready to get their cars out to a nice event!
Old April 2nd, 2022, 05:10 PM

I hope to get there next month with my GNX or Stage 1 convertible.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by rgs455
I hope to get there next month with my GNX or Stage 1 convertible.
I'll probably be there, what colors are your GNX and Stage 1, I'll look for ya.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 06:44 PM

Nice pics! Good to see after a long winter.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 03:17 AM
H/o

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
H/o - This cruise-in is at Faith Church on Gravois (Hwy 30), North of Hwy 141, about halfway between Fenton and Sunset Hills. It is sponsored by Memories Car Club. It has a humongous parking area (as you can imagine for 400 Display Cars), with a separate parking area for spectators.
Edit - Display cars enter from a separate entrance than the viewing public. They enter from a private service entrance off of Old Gravois Rd. on the southwest side of the church . The private service entrance is not named on Google Maps, but is easily seen on the Satellite Image.
No kidding, I know exactly where that is. I remember it being a school at one time if I'm thinking of the same building. When is the next event taking place there?
Old April 3rd, 2022, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by H/o
No kidding, I know exactly where that is. I remember it being a school at one time if I'm thinking of the same building. When is the next event taking place there?
H/o - Next one is May 6th. They are the 1st Friday of every month thru October, with the exception of June this year when they won't have one due to a conflict at the Church. They open the gate on the service road for Display Cars to enter at 4:00. If you ever need any info on other good reoccurring cruises in the StL area don't hesitate to PM me, I pretty much have them all mapped out at this point. If you're able to make it in May just look for my Aquamarine '67 4-4-2, it would be great to meet ya!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; April 3rd, 2022 at 05:35 AM.
Old April 4th, 2022, 04:58 AM
H/o

H/o - Next one is May 6th. They are the 1st Friday of every month thru October, with the exception of June this year when they won't have one due to a conflict at the Church. They open the gate on the service road for Display Cars to enter at 4:00. If you ever need any info on other good reoccurring cruises in the StL area don't hesitate to PM me, I pretty much have them all mapped out at this point. If you're able to make it in May just look for my Aquamarine '67 4-4-2, it would be great to meet ya!
Thanks for the info and I'll check my schedule to see if I can make it on the 6th.
Old April 4th, 2022, 07:06 AM

A lot of really nice cars, no just "drivers" great variety as well. Thanks for the pics
Old April 4th, 2022, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Phoenix8990
A lot of really nice cars, no just "drivers" great variety as well. Thanks for the pics
Phoenix8990 - You're welcome. Approaching 400-display cars at this event, there are plenty of "driver" quality cars that show up and participate. One thing I forgot to include in my description of the cruise is that it is limited to cars 1979 and older.
Old May 4th, 2022, 02:50 AM
H/o

Pending the weather I'm going to try and make this event.
Old May 4th, 2022, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by H/o
Pending the weather I'm going to try and make this event.
H/o - That would be great, it would be nice to meet you in person. You had mentioned previously taking you GNX or GS Stage 1 to the cruise. I am not up to speed on all my Buicks, but I believe some GNX models are post-1979. As a heads-up, only cars 1979 and older are allowed for display, I'd hate for you to get there and not be allowed in the display area.

I plan to be there too, weather permitting like you said, unfortunately the forecast doesn't look good right now, but we know how that goes here in St. Louis, the forecast could change at any time. If that doesn't pan out,, I'll be going down to a fun cruise they have at the DQ in the little town of DeSoto, south on Hwy. 21. In DeSoto on Main St. there is a really cool restored Vintage Texaco Station, maintained by the City, where anyone can stop and get pictures at any time with their classic car for free. If you ever think you might go down there, I can send you directions to the vintage gas station. Also, I have compiled a pretty extensive list of greater St. Louis area re-occurring cruises and shows for 2022 in a spreadsheet format. If you would like a copy for your reference I can send it to you if you send me a PM with your email address. Here's a pic of me and my 2016 Indian at the Vintage Texaco Station in DeSoto..

Old May 4th, 2022, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the great pics!! looks like fun ! for some reason that land yacht Chrysler is speaking to me, not every day you see one, great to see that some people march to a slightly different drummer.
Old May 4th, 2022, 02:25 PM

Those Chrysler years are awesome. I had a 68 New Yorker/ 440ci for a long time. That 300 is nice! With that dual snorkle air cleaner, it looks to have a high compression 383 in it from factory. Love those MOPAR big blocks!
Old May 4th, 2022, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by solly
Thanks for the great pics!! looks like fun ! for some reason that land yacht Chrysler is speaking to me, not every day you see one, great to see that some people march to a slightly different drummer.
Solly - I agree 100%, that Chrysler 300 was gorgeous, and immaculate! There are always lots of really nice cars at that cruise-in, and an extremely wide variety. It is my favorite cruise-in of all the one's in St. Louis. They're scheduled to have another one at that venue this Friday, but the weather is not promising.
Old May 4th, 2022, 03:37 PM
H/o

H/o - That would be great, it would be nice to meet you in person. You had mentioned previously taking you GNX or GS Stage 1 to the cruise. I am not up to speed on all my Buicks, but I believe some GNX models are post-1979. As a heads-up, only cars 1979 and older are allowed for display, I'd hate for you to get there and not be allowed in the display area.

I plan to be there too, weather permitting like you said, unfortunately the forecast doesn't look good right now, but we know how that goes here in St. Louis, the forecast could change at any time. If that doesn't pan out,, I'll be going down to a fun cruise they have at the DQ in the little town of DeSoto, south on Hwy. 21. In DeSoto on Main St. there is a really cool restored Vintage Texaco Station, maintained by the City, where anyone can stop and get pictures at any time with their classic car for free. If you ever think you might go down there, I can send you directions to the vintage gas station. Also, I have compiled a pretty extensive list of greater St. Louis area re-occurring cruises and shows for 2022 in a spreadsheet format. If you would like a copy for your reference I can send it to you if you send me a PM with your email address. Here's a pic of me and my 2016 Indian at the Vintage Texaco Station in DeSoto..

That's not me your thinking of you're of rgs455 because, that's his cars. As far at that Texaco station goes, I do know which one your referring to in Desoto.
Old May 4th, 2022, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by H/o
That's not me your thinking of you're of rgs455 because, that's his cars. As far at that Texaco station goes, I do know which one your referring to in Desoto.
H/o - Sorry for confusing you with rgs455's post. The vintage (non-operational) Texaco Station in the pic above, is located on Main St., just south of Mahn Funeral Home (west side of Main St.). The address is 834 N. Main St., there's a good street view picture of it on Google Maps.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 4th, 2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 01:41 AM
H/o

H/o - Sorry for confusing you with rgs455's post. The vintage (non-operational) Texaco Station in the pic above, is located on Main St., just south of Mahn Funeral Home (west side of Main St.). The address is 834 N. Main St., there's a good street view picture of it on Google Maps.
No worries and I have drove by the station before when I was heading to Potosi.
Old May 6th, 2022, 07:42 PM
H/o

I actually attempted to go to this show but when I arrived around 5:15pm it was raining and I didn't see any cars in the lot with the acceptation of a handful of normal cars who appeared to be your everyday church goers.
Old May 6th, 2022, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by H/o
I actually attempted to go to this show but when I arrived around 5:15pm it was raining and I didn't see any cars in the lot with the acceptation of a handful of normal cars who appeared to be your everyday church goers.
H/o - If you entered the main church entrance off of Gravois (Hwy 30) all you will immediately see is the spectator car parking area. Parking for the show cars is on the far SW side of the church, and can only be accessed off of Old Gravois road, on the backside (SW corner) of the church. I'm not saying there were many, if any, show cars there, especially with the weather like it was. Just saying you can't see the show area by pulling into the initial main church parking area. I didn't attempt to go because it was raining at my place most of the afternoon. I'm headed down to the cruise-in at the DQ in DeSoto tomorrow afternoon that starts at 5:00pm. The weather is supposed to be nice and the turn-out is usually very good. Sorry you had a bust trying to go there. There will not be another one there until the 1st Friday in July.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 7th, 2022 at 04:51 AM.
Old May 6th, 2022, 08:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ColoradoOlds
Those Chrysler years are awesome. I had a 68 New Yorker/ 440ci for a long time. That 300 is nice! With that dual snorkle air cleaner, it looks to have a high compression 383 in it from factory. Love those MOPAR big blocks!
Good call Colorado Olds. I too love the Mopars. One of my Brothers also had a 68 440 New Yorker. Gold black top and interior. I had a cool one owner 67 Newport Custom. Silver. Black top dark red interior. That car was loaded. Power bench seat even.
The 300 in this thread is a new favorite for sure.
Old May 7th, 2022, 02:11 AM
H/o

H/o - If you entered the main church entrance off of Gravois (Hwy 30) all you will immediately see is the spectator car parking area. Parking for the show cars is on the far SE side of the church, and can only be accessed off of Old Gravois road, on the backside (SE corner) of the church. I'm not saying there were many, if any, show cars there, especially with the weather like it was. Just saying you can't see the show area by pulling into the initial main church parking area. I didn't attempt to go because it was raining at my place most of the afternoon. I'm headed down to the cruise-in at the DQ in DeSoto tomorrow afternoon that starts at 5:00pm. The weather is supposed to be nice and the turn-out is usually very good. Sorry you had a bust trying to go there. There will not be another one there until the 1st Friday in July.
I now know what to do for next month. As far as Desoto goes, I have plans already.
Old May 7th, 2022, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by H/o
I now know what to do for next month. As far as Desoto goes, I have plans already.
H/o - There will not be a cruise there in June due to another event scheduled there that month. The next cruise there will be Friday, July 1st.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 7th, 2022 at 04:44 AM.
Old May 8th, 2022, 01:50 AM
H/o

H/o - There will not be a cruise there in June due to another event scheduled there that month. The next cruise there will be Friday, July 1st.
I'm not sure what my schedule is looking like yet due to it being 4th of July weekend. Any pics from the Desoto show yesterday?
Old May 8th, 2022, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by H/o
I'm not sure what my schedule is looking like yet due to it being 4th of July weekend. Any pics from the Desoto show yesterday?
Yes, I have several pics from DeSoto yesterday that I am going to post to a new thread in a few minutes. The weather was wonderful and there was a great turnout.