General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1987 Cutlass Supreme Brougham Restortation

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2014, 07:51 PM

1987 Cutlass Supreme Brougham Restortation

Hello all! New around these parts but I made a thread back in March that I was going to start restoring my Cutlass that had been parked for 5 years in my backyard. Oh boy well the cruel Canadian winters were not kind to her what so ever. I know this car was not in this bad of shape when I got it but I was younger and didn't know much about cars. I was restoring it with my Dad as it was my 1st car and daily driver. My Father passed away and I was left without help and knowledge to continue the work by myself. Ended up getting a different vehicle (2008 Dodge Charger) and parking the Cutlass until I learned more/got tools/made some different friends that knew about cars and would help.
So finally after 5 long years I have decided I am ready to bring it back to life and I have money saved up and friends willing to help with the project. Did a bit of damage control the other day after it has been sitting for so long.

Damage control concluded that this is going to be a huge project, way more then I thought but I am up to the task! Rusty parts on the frame near the back end, rusted out wheel wells, bottom of doors starting to rust, behind rear seats totally rusted out(floor pan), trunk rusted out in corners.
Now I am wondering where to look for parts, from what I can see lots of them are from the states as there isn't much for parts in Canada. What are some good trusted websites that any of you have dealt with that you would recommend to start looking for replacement parts..?
I definitely need a floor pan, trunk pieces. I looked on Rockauto and a few other sites but I can only really find the main floor piece

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...622&cc=1222951

It seems like I need the piece leading into the trunk and trunk piece.
I am hoping to get the rust knocked out and new pans in place before summer is over and stop the spread of rust.
All help/links and suggestions is greatly appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image (5).jpg (61.1 KB, 18 views)
image (6).jpg (69.9 KB, 19 views)
image (7).jpg (77.7 KB, 19 views)
image (4).jpg (89.5 KB, 20 views)
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:52 PM

Ah, the gbody cutlass. My mom use to have one of those. I love and have had my share of gbodies but never a cutlass, though I am thinking about a 78-80 model. Have you looked at gbodyforum.com. That's the spot for 78-87 cutlass. Im a member over there also as I have an 80 monte with a 5.3l/4l60e swap. check out gbodyparts.com. They might have what you need and if not, you should have no problems finding the parts from members on gbodyforum
Old June 4th, 2014, 05:48 AM

Look for a rust free donor car in California Nevada or Arizona. Cut and weld in the rust free parts. I have seen rust free 80s cutlass selling for under $1000 on craigslist. Maybe just swap the body with the rust free donor.

Just an opinion.

I found a complete new floor pan on amazon the other night. 312.00 plus 135 for shipping. Not a bad buy. Do a search for cutlass body panels you may find them.

Amazon.com: 1978-88 Buick Skylark, Century, Regal, Pontiac Tempest, Lemans, GTO, Grand Prix, Oldsmobile Calais, Cutlass, Chevy El-Camino, Malibu, Monte Carlo and Chevelle Complete Floor Pan: Automotive Amazon.com: 1978-88 Buick Skylark, Century, Regal, Pontiac Tempest, Lemans, GTO, Grand Prix, Oldsmobile Calais, Cutlass, Chevy El-Camino, Malibu, Monte Carlo and Chevelle Complete Floor Pan: Automotive

Take a look on the newbie forum and you will see some Picts of my 87 supreme brougham.