General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1984 Caliente..CCC removed now having idling issue

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2012, 09:58 AM
bulletproof

1984 Caliente..CCC removed now having idling issue

This is a 307 Y with the 5a heads, the carb and distibutor is off a 1982 non CCC Toronado.
A list of work done...intake manifold gaskets, valve cover gaskets, carb rebuild, ignition module[new] as is distributor cap, wires, rotors and plugs. Timing chain and gears, waterpump, and fuel pump.
All vacuum hoses are new, when I cover the carb with a rag it stalls.
The heater vacuum is working the defrost, vent and floor heat ok.
Removed the cat.

The problem...car starts up cold with no problem and idles perfectly during startup. As it warms up and the choke releases it starts to idle rough, it idles up and down. If I close the choke butterfly a litttle bit the car runs perfectly at idle and at load, with no up down idleing.

I may not have the vacuum lines correct, my diagram is useless for this change over. Also I am not a carb expert and think the carb may need further adjustment by a skilled mechanic, as I am not a mechanic.

Has anybody else run into this problem? The car is running a lot better since all of the new parts and change over, it is very drivable like it is but when stopped and in gear it runs rough, im a perfectionist though and want to get it running properly.

Also is it true that at the previous computor head that if you join the brown and black wire that the A/C will work. I have heard that you can add a switch for the Overdrive, any other ideas for the Overdrive please?

Thanks in advance guys and gals. Bo.

Last edited by bulletproof; March 15th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.