General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1972 cutlass convertible window adjustments

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2014, 06:48 PM

1972 cutlass convertible window adjustments

I have a 72 cutlass convertible and having issues with front and rear window adjustment. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust the windows. I read a few older posts about some adjustments but was hoping to get suggestions on parts suppliers or members who had parts to adjust the windows or point me in the right direction. I have manual windows. The windows especially on driver side are not flush with the top. It appears the windows on back quarters need to move further back and the front need to move forward. They seem to miss the track within weather stripping. Some friends suggested that the old guides have shrunk and with new replacement parts the windows might adjust better. I changed the weather stripping as old stripping was dry and cracked from dry rot. Appreciate any suggestions.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 07:36 PM

442.com has adjustment instructions. Either the top or window needs to be adjusted.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Was wondering if anyone has ordered the manual window regulators from year one or OPG or has a source for them. When my top was put on a few years ago, I asked the installer to adjust window. He said he was able to adjust the regulator but after putting up and down the window the regulator shifted. I also noticed the rear windows wee off a bit as well. I saw rear window guides online but wanted to check to see if anyone had any experience in adjusting the rears as well. I had an auto glass place look at windows and he basically said I needed a new top which I am finding hard to believe. It looks like front windows need to be 1/2 inch forward for proper seal and back does not fit wel in new weatherstripping channel in back. Any suggestions on how to proceed.