where are reverse light wires to go to B&M shifter on cutlass??

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2012 | 04:22 PM

where are reverse light wires to go to B&M shifter on cutlass??

Hello , My son and I have been working on our 1980 cutlass 2-door,350,stg-2 th350, and I just installed a B&M star-shifter.I have installed the neutral safety switch and wired that up thanks to this forum.Finding the purple wire at the bottom of column.An auto shop swapped the stock transmission out for a th350 that has a shift kit.I hooked up the the linkage and got that working. but when they installed the transmission they said the reverse light plug didnt fit into the new tranny, so its dangling at the trans gear selector area .It seems like where it starts goes up into the wiring harness into the bunch of wires near the distrubutor area and in the firewall.But my problem starts with this plug dangling underneath the car.It only has 1 green wire attached to it .I figured there was going to be 2 ,an in and out kinda thing.where do i get my 2 wires to plug into the micro switches i have on the shifter?do i use the wires at bottom of column ,and what do i do with this plug underneath the car? thanks for any info!
Old September 2nd, 2012 | 08:25 AM

There should be 2 green wires on the factory nss, those will be for the back-up lights. The connector near the transmission was most likely for the lock-up torque converter, which it sounds like your TH350 doesn't have.
Old September 2nd, 2012 | 09:48 AM

There is a lock up tc on the stock tranny?oh...,ok so the 2 green wires for back up lights should be on the bottom of the colomn then. where the mechanical nss is? thanks!