Where does this plug go??????

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2013, 06:58 PM

Question Where does this plug go??????

I need help. My 1970 Cutlass has a plug that looks like it is split off of a wire that comes out of the firewall and goes down to what looks to be the oil filter place on the drivers side?? It runs over to the passenger side and has a plug on it. The plug has melted and was crispy but it has 2 wires in it. One is hot when you turn the key on. It is a factory style plug but doesnt go to the ac compressor or the heater box. My oil light comes on when you turn the headlights on but I cannot find where it goes. Any help????
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Pictures?

Wire colors?

Plug shape?

ANYTHING?

Thank you.

- Eric
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:25 PM

Lookslike a flat black plug. Dark Green wires one hot and one not. Plug got against something and melted. It crumbled.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Guess #1: TCS Relay (Light green, Dark green, and Blue wires) or TCS Transmission connector (Dark green wire and Black with Brown stripe wire).

Anybody else?

- Eric
Old February 7th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by ERIC27
I need help. My 1970 Cutlass has a plug that looks like it is split off of a wire that comes out of the firewall and goes down to what looks to be the oil filter place on the drivers side?? It runs over to the passenger side and has a plug on it. The plug has melted and was crispy but it has 2 wires in it. One is hot when you turn the key on. It is a factory style plug but doesnt go to the ac compressor or the heater box. My oil light comes on when you turn the headlights on but I cannot find where it goes. Any help????
Let's back up. First, the oil filter on an Olds motor is on the PASSENGER side, since the starter is on the drivers side. Second, look again at the wire colors. Is it ONE dark green and ONE black with orange stripe? If so, these are the wires that go to the trans. Black/orange is for the TH400 kickdown and the dark green is for TCS. Even if you didn't have a TH400, the harness should still have been plugged into the trans switch for the TCS. It appears that the TCS has been disabled.