Thanks

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2013 | 08:57 AM

Thanks

Just dropping a line to you all for helping me with an electrical gremlin. I didn't have a direct thread with my problem, but found many with the same issue (turn signal blowing fuses). Through all the different possibilities I was able to narrow it down and find the ground issue. All lights and gadgets now work!!! This car sat for 21 years and was a true barn find. She is now purring like a kitten after much cleaning and electrical tape . Thanks again!!!!!
Old May 8th, 2013 | 09:36 AM
72 Olds CS

Good to know thanks for posting

I'm in mass too.

Did you know may 19 there is an all olds show in Lancaster ?
Old May 8th, 2013 | 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
Good to know thanks for posting

I'm in mass too.

Did you know may 19 there is an all olds show in Lancaster ?
No I did not. Very cool we have one in Agawam on June 2nd put on by the local GTO club and this year the feature car is the Oldsmobile Cutlass. This is my first Cutlass in 30 years and it is bringing back a lot of memories.
Old May 8th, 2013 | 04:23 PM
72 Olds CS

heres a link to the lancaster show....Im about an hour from agawam

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...gmo-event.html

heres another to the PVGTO show you mentioned http://www.pvgto.com/

I just checked out your album, your car looks pretty sweet tell us more about this barn find !!!

Last edited by RetroRanger; May 8th, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old May 9th, 2013 | 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
heres a link to the lancaster show....Im about an hour from agawam

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...gmo-event.html

heres another to the PVGTO show you mentioned http://www.pvgto.com/

I just checked out your album, your car looks pretty sweet tell us more about this barn find !!!
I got it from the second owner. It had been "put away" for 21 years last register was spring of 1992. It is all there, most of the lights weren't working and the electric gremlins were having a field day. there is a little rust on the passenger front fender and right behind the rear tire..very little. It is a numbers matching 455 with turbo 400 and 12 bolt, it had the originial 14" SS1 wheels with 215/70's for tires. The exhaust was original too! After 3 weeks of labor and big time cleaning, everything now works and I put a Magna Flow "X" pipe exhaust, new 15" rims with 275's out back and 235's up front. I don't want to do to much to it because it is a survivor, the floor pans, trunk,frame, all rust free! I have taken many pictures and I will post them soon. The paint looks great in pictures but it is tired so a full paint job (matching of course) is in it's future. She runs and drives exceptional for having sat for so long. I forgot to mention it has factory air and 8 track player too. with map lights and rearview mirror lights too. It is a holiday coupe according to the VIN#. I figure it had to be a special order car because of it's "unique" traits. Maybe you can fill me in on that. Thanks.

Last edited by notrecat; May 9th, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old May 9th, 2013 | 07:07 AM

I am in Eastern Mass an hour from Lancaster. Weather permitting Ill be easy to find on May 19. Just look for the Saturn Gold Supreme
Miles