Indak blower switches

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2012 | 04:53 PM

Smile Indak blower switches

I should have posted this sooner, but I got busy with other projects.

I was unable to find a suitable replacement fan switch for my '69 442. My switch was completely unusable due to the condition of the board and the internal plastic tab. I called a company who sells Indak switches and they were unable to find a replacement, but told me they would have an Indak Rep call me to see about a suitable substitution.

A week goes by and I get a call from Indak asking if I can send in the switch for repair. They wanted basic information as far as how many positions for the fan control, what year of car,etc.

I send in the switch thinking this is going to cost a fortune or they will tell me the switch is junk and I will have to find another switch. Another week goes by and I get an email from Indak saying that they found the blueprints for my switch at their Georgia facility, and that they would be able to have the switch fixed at their Chicago office. Again, no mention from them on an estimated cost.

Another week or two goes by and I get an email from the national Indak Rep saying my switch was fixed they were sending it back to me at no charge, but the repair techs and the rep wanted some pictures of my car!

They ended up making a new case and board for my switch and reused the main shaft. They sent insulators to keep the connection points from making contact with each other as well as a Hotwheels 1970 Oldsmobile 442 toy car. All at no charge. Some of the techs and the sales rep at the Chicago facility are classic car nuts and fix these old switches on their downtime.

That is what I call outstanding customer service 42 years after the initial sale! Its nice to know that some companies still offer great service.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo 3.jpg (27.9 KB, 19 views)
photo 2.jpg (33.8 KB, 12 views)
photo 1-2.jpg (36.0 KB, 13 views)