i hate wiring

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2012 | 09:07 PM

i hate wiring

I hate wiring, but I will not give in on this i dont care how long it takes, I WILL wrap my head around this. I dont know if its me but I cant seem to figure this out, ive been going back and forth with the repp all day online.. All my wires are running to my ignition switch the two reds, pink, brown, orange and the purple. The purple wire comes looped with extra length then the others. When I asked the repp why it came looped this is what he said..

" The reason the purple wire is looped and longer is because it goes to the neutral safety switch. Here is what you do; after all the wires are connected to the ignition switch take the extra amount of purple wire and work it down to the neutral safety switch, at this point cut the purple wire into, solder two terminals onto the two cut pieces of wire, install them into the neutral safety switch connector and then plug the connector into the neutral safety switch"

Now hes asking me to do this correct?
securedownload-1.jpg
The black connector side gose to my NSS and the other side gets spliced soldered back into the original purple wire it was cut from? the one thats now connected to my ignition switch? In other words your taking that one purple wire and making it run to three diffrent places.
Old September 2nd, 2012 | 09:46 PM

I believe the reason you have two end for the neutral safety switch, is because it is a switch. When car is in nuetral, or park, it will allow power to the ignition, so car can start. Therefore you connect the wires to the two sides of the switch, and this completes the circuit.
Old September 2nd, 2012 | 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 64Custom
I believe the reason you have two end for the neutral safety switch, is because it is a switch. When car is in nuetral, or park, it will allow power to the ignition, so car can start. Therefore you connect the wires to the two sides of the switch, and this completes the circuit.
So that means im running the stripped side of these wires back to the purple starter wire on my ignition switch harness?
Old September 2nd, 2012 | 10:18 PM

It seems as though you need to cut the loop wire and attach it to the two stripped wires, and this will make the circuit. The black connector must have two prongs, and each one is attached to different sides of the switch. To me the idea of a switch is to interrupt the current flow. so it has to be connected in series to the harness. I would use connectors that can be taken apart, a male on one end and a female on the other, that way you can change it if needed.
Old September 2nd, 2012 | 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by 64Custom
It seems as though you need to cut the loop wire and attach it to the two stripped wires, and this will make the circuit. The black connector must have two prongs, and each one is attached to different sides of the switch. To me the idea of a switch is to interrupt the current flow. so it has to be connected in series to the harness. I would use connectors that can be taken apart, a male on one end and a female on the other, that way you can change it if needed.
Right on, thank you...