Water on passenger side floor

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2013 | 06:00 PM

Water on passenger side floor

Hello everyone my problem is every time it rains for some reason the floorboard on the passenger side is soaked, I remember reading about this problem but cant find the thread.

Any help?
Old January 8th, 2013 | 06:43 PM

Windshield surround leaking. Mine does it too but it's getting fixed soon
Old January 8th, 2013 | 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by TripDeuces
Windshield surround leaking. Mine does it too but it's getting fixed soon
No that's not it.
Old January 8th, 2013 | 07:56 PM
NôôB

Well the only other thing i could think of is the heater core leaking. But i am going to go with trip here. UNLESS you dont have any floor pans and it is splashing up through the carpet LOL
Old January 8th, 2013 | 07:59 PM

Hrmm can anybody find that post about this exact topic? Happens on alot of delta 88s 1980-1985 I remeber something about its a clog that causes the problem.
Old January 8th, 2013 | 08:14 PM

Only 'clog' I know about is the AC drip vent. But that has nothing to do with when it rains. You have water coming in. Simply put, you have a hole somewhere. If it's not the windshield surround area then check your cowl, firewall, roof, fresh air vents, radio ant. possibly?, heater/AC box housing gasket, fan, heater core tubes through firewall, etc.

I think you see where I'm going here. There is a hole somewhere.
Old January 8th, 2013 | 10:38 PM

On sunroof equipped cars the drain hoses get clogged and the water usually ends up collecting on the floor. That might be the clog he's referring to but I'm sure thats not the problem with his car.
Old January 9th, 2013 | 08:32 PM

No sunroof car, yeah guess im going to have to get a better look.
Old January 9th, 2013 | 11:53 PM

Hello,

I had the exact same problem and posted about it. No leaks from roof and I did apply windshield sealant around the bottom edge of the windshield. What did clear it up for me was to thoroughly clean the cowl area at the bottom of the windshield, particularly the passenger side. No water on floor since then. Make sure all screws and fasteners in the cowl are are nice and tight as well. Hope that helps.
Old January 10th, 2013 | 06:52 AM
Administrator

Could be any of the weatherstripping and wind blowing it in, could be the defroster area cowling and drain leaking. Get in the car with a flashlight and have someone spray water on it and start looking.
Old January 10th, 2013 | 01:14 PM
pimp ghetto sled lover

maybe this will give you another spot to check- i recently pulled the interior on my 78 delta to change it out and noticed the jute padding under the carpet on the front passenger side was wet after pulling it out of the car. upon closer inspection, traced it back to the heater box to firewall seal area as i could see the rust starting there and the water stain trail. clean car otherwise solid floors so i think you may find your problem there.. i wish i took pics of that particular area,but did not.glad i cought it now as it would eventually rot the floor out. i think you will have to at least remove the sill plate and kick panel to pull the carpet down a little to get a really good look but you may not. just use a good cordless droplight and not a flashlight as good lighting makes all the difference for checking this kind of stuff out. hope this helps, dave
Old January 10th, 2013 | 06:00 PM

Have to changed the heater core recently?

I changed mine and thought "oh that RTV looks fine enough, I don't need more"

Water goes into the vents, and down right above my ankles