Engine Stand Question

Old May 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Exclamation Engine Stand Question

Hello, I have just found a 1984 Oldsmobile Delta 88 2 door with a Olds 307. The good: Interior is perfect, the body is rust free, paint still good. The bad: the guy who owned the car before had a intake manifold leaking antifreeze into the motor and now the motor is toast. The guy only wants 200 dollars for it and I am strongly thinking about buying it for that price. The only question I have is what engine stands to use that whould with fit with out major modification to fit a big block chevy in it. Would a Caprice of the same body style have some useable small block engine stands or would that set the big block to low in the car? The reason that I want to put a big block chevy in it is because I have a decent one sitting here that needs a new home. Please help I am Oldsmobile retarded! lol. But seriously please help and share any knowledge that you my have.
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Past Administrator

I am not sure what motor mounts you would need to install a big block chevy on your Oldsmobile. You will also have to find out if you transmission will fit the chevy bell housing and if not, what modifications would be needed to use a tranny that fits your engine, i.e. drive shaft lengthened/shortend.