Dyna 64

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2012, 10:37 PM

Dyna 64

Hello again, I'm here with some updates on my '64 Dynamic 88. Here are some of the first repairs done to my car.

After a tune up, the fuel system was the next task at hand. In the fuel pump the diaphram was rock hard, so it needed to be rebuilt. My dad purchased a fuel pump rebuild kit, and completed the rebuild with His friend Dane's help.
CIMG3780.jpg
113-1383_IMG.jpg
CIMG3836.jpg

CIMG3837.jpg
This fuel pump was provided by Hal Houghton a@
houghton@classicpreservation.com
He was extremely helpful. He sells carburator and fuel pump rebuild kits for obscure and out of date automobiles.
We did also rebuild the carburator. Our great friend Dane has been a driving force behind this car and he rebuilt the carburator and helped with the fuel pump.
Thanks for veiwing guys, check out my newbie thread for some history on the car, more progress soon
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...hidee-hoe.html
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM

Hey Dyna... great to see a fellow 88 owner. I just finished my carb rebuild and along with a rebuilt fuel pump last year the ole gal has some great power.
I have had the car 4 years and have done all the little things i.e. tune up, new water pump, new belts, new clutch fan, new valve cover gaskets, all new hoses, new battery and cables,new coil,points . I have drained the oil 8 times and have only put 3k on it.
A few suggestions; If you remove valve covers make sure you take the time and assure the oil tubes have been cleared, you can use pipe cleaners. This is a huge issue with these engines..the tubes get clogged and oil does not flow to the vital parts of the engine and you'll have early failure. Also I changed out the rear rear wheel bearings. It is a pain in the butt but you will notice a much quieter and smoother ride. You will not believe how bad the fluid is in the rear end.
Keep sending the photos I am excited to have a 88 cohort!!
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM

First car

Hello everyone. This is my daughters first car and we finally got plates and insurance for it yesterday. My daughter doesn't have her license yet, but I'm gonna start driving the tank back and fourth to work, (25 miles each way), just to makesure it's going to be reliable. Just to recap- this vehicle sat on a trailer in a barn for 15 years. First thing we did was throw a battery in it and tune it up. This baby bit me pretty good on New Years Eve, with second and third degree burns to my left hand. We rebuilt the carb and fuel pump, changed the oil and replaced the rear coil springs and radiator. I also had to replace two rocker arms that were worn on the push rod side. We put new battery cables on it and also added a second battery and coolant overflow tank. I had to patch a hole in the air cleaner.
115-1511_IMG.jpg
114-1423_IMG.jpg
114-1425_IMG.jpg
CIMG3840.jpg
CIMG3845.jpg
113-1395_IMG.jpg
CIMG3816-1.jpg[IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll306/Oldsnut1967/64%20Dynamic%2088/115-1511_IMG.jpg[/IMG

Last edited by 67 Cutlass Freak; July 16th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old July 14th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Awww comeon 67Cutlassfreak you rained on Dyna's parade! You shoulda started your own thread! BTW you both have really nice cars!
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the tips navvet! Good to know there are fellow owners J The old man is just lighting a fire under my ***! I appreciate it. We recently purchased a heater core and new tires, and man can she go! We still have a vacuum leak, but that can be taken care of. Our whole family loves this beauty.
115-1512_IMG.jpg
Easter we picked up a backup 394CI engine and trans from downstate IL for $43! Cost $125 in fuel to get her home. The engine came from a ’62 Starfire. It had some broken rings, a burnt exhaust valve, and the crank needs a polish job and the cylinder bores look good. It’s a 4bbl setup, we cleaned it all up and cast blasted it. Unfortunately the oil pan looks like swiss cheese.
114-1486_IMG.jpg
114-1487_IMG.jpg
Dyna came with only AM radio originally, so we had to get some tunes in there. We put Pyle 6”x9”, Sony Xtreme 760, and 12” Ported thumper box. She’s really rockin now! J

114-1496_IMG.jpg
115-1517_IMG.jpg