65 Oldsmobile interior manuals available?

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM

65 Oldsmobile interior manuals available?

I've got the pdf service manuals for my 65 Jetstar, is there interior manuals available as well?

Thanks.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:11 AM

A search on ebay turns up this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-...item3f07674e9a

I don't know what year they started doing so, but, along with a chassis service manual each year, GM would put out a "body service manual" that would cover all body styles for all GM makes, not just Oldsmobile, for that year. That's the way it is for '67 and '73, the years of the two Oldsmobiles I have.

The manual above, though, appears to be specific to Oldsmobile. It also appears to be just what you're looking for. I don't know how thick it is, but the $40 price with $5 shipping seems very reasonable to me given what these manuals usually sell for.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Trying to remember member

I'm not sure what you mean by "interior manuals". I will presume by "service manuals" you mean the Chassis Service Manual. There is a Fisher Body Manual for 1965 and it covers all GM makes, and that covers interiors. We have the 1965 Chassis Service Manual posted on Wild About Cars. But not the 1965 Fisher Body manual, we expect to get that posted soon.
The 1972 Parts and Accessories Catalog-Body Section (covers 1965) is already posted.
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...bout-cars.html

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and a home page for you online. You can even have your very own club there and a personal forum.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Oldsdruid

Like Kurt, not sure exactly what you're looking for. The 1965 Body manual is separate from the Chassis manual and is the last year it was Division-specific. 66-later are "Fisher Body" service books.

Or are you looking for the Color & Fabric Album that the dealer sales staff got? It has samples of all interior fabrics and color choices, as well as paint chips. Some years had overlays so you could get some idea what your car would look like in certain colors.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:29 AM

Body manual

When I got my 65 Jetstar convertible the interior was completely shot, only thing salvageable was the door panels. I am just looking to find an interior that can be reupholstered and having the instructions for putting everything back to factory condition.

Someone sent me the information about Wild About Cars which has proved to be very helpful over the past week. I have not decided what color I am going to paint yet since winter is approaching I better hurry up. It won't be original and just a driver, i have already changed out the dash from a 65 98 cause I wanted air, and the engine is a 455 from a 68 Delmont. Thanks for your replies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1240902.jpg (87.8 KB, 18 views)
P1240905.jpg (104.0 KB, 20 views)
jetstarnobackground copy.jpg (43.5 KB, 14 views)
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:35 AM

While searching the net i found the 66 Fisher Body Service Manual that is available for a free download for those who might need it.

http://www.tocmp.com/manuals/FisherB...sherManual.pdf
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM

I've seen that site. It's interesting, but it's very hit-or-miss. They have the '66 Olds Chassis service manual and Fisher body manual, but they have no other year Oldsmobile manuals except for 1978.