64 dynamic 88 vert

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM

64 dynamic 88 vert

I just purchased a 64 Dynamic 88 convertible today, took some pics but gotta upload them still. Its a complete car and very solid, but it needs alot of TLC to get her back to her glory days. Im thinkin of going with a total frame off with this project, and Im not in a major rush to get her done.
Ive got a few other cars that I have to complete and hopefully sell before i get started on this one.

I currently have a 63 Cutlass, that Ive put a decent amount of work into so I know a lil of the ins and outs of Classic Old's.

Just wondering if anyone has any good sites or catalogs where I can find any parts for the 88?

Last edited by lowrico; September 18th, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old September 18th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by lowrico
Just wondering if anyone has any good sites or catalogs where I can find any parts for the 88?
Fusick has a separate catalog just for the full size cars. USA Parts Supply also has a full size Olds catalog. Steele has most of the rubber parts. Just be aware that 64 was the last year for the 394 motors and parts are less plentiful than for the 65-up cars.
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Fusick has a separate catalog just for the full size cars. USA Parts Supply also has a full size Olds catalog. Steele has most of the rubber parts. Just be aware that 64 was the last year for the 394 motors and parts are less plentiful than for the 65-up cars.
AWesome, thank you
Old December 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM

Just a follow up on this tread. First good luck with the 88. I love driving mine. My car also needs tlc. I too will hold off on a frame off resto, so I have first made it safe and then began to repair the basics...gaskets, waterpump and exhaust and a complete tune.
USA Parts supply has been able to supply me with all my needs so far. You can download thier catalog (takes only seconds) and it is specific to our 88/98 models.
I have found parts in North Dakota and Wisconsin. And as far as starters and radios I have been lucky to have companies here in Mn to take care of my issues.
One suggestion take a good look at your undercarriage, initially mine looked ok but have found some servere corrosion on the front end.
Good luck and keep me posted