Pics of the 69

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM

Pics of the 69

Hello fellow Olds folks! Heres some more pics of the 69. I need to resize some more or do a photobucket since I'm limited on picture size. I guess size really does matter. I really want to get a game plan on where to go from here with the little missy. But I don't want to go too overboard on a resto and lose sight of the roads end. So far, I currently have $10,800 in the car, not including the $700 for shiping it from BFE Iowa and $650ish I have to pay the good 'ol state of Texas for sales tax on the purchase price when I transfer the title and register the car. Have you ever noticed that if you switch the e and the a, Texas becomes Taxes. If you wanna play, ya gotta pay! The radiator was replaced with a 4 core and an HEI disributor installed as far as engine upgrades. She's had a head job and rings replaced about 70,000 miles ago and all the brakes and shoes replaced about 10k ago. The paint job was done in the mid 80's. Currently, she has 194,352 miles showing. Opinions, comments, rants and raves welcome.
Thanks,
Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Cutlass 1.jpg (81.3 KB, 57 views)
Cutlass 2.jpg (89.0 KB, 46 views)
Cutlass 4.jpg (86.2 KB, 45 views)
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Registered

Texas taxes, try to say say that fast a bunch of times.
Looks like a cherry machine.
Resto? the car looks fine to me right now.
That paint is really nice, basecoat-clearcoat? I have a '68 goat 'vert with a 15 year old BC/CC paint and it still looks new. A little more shiny than factory but who cares.
If the car is mechanically good I would just do a rolling resto and work on cosmetic things if needed. I would start looking for a power window set-up too. I have a thing about convertibles and power windows.
IIRC it seems there's another guy named Rob from Texas who is in the midst of an epic photo-saga thread on the powerful window installation in his '72 442 convertible named Lady, have to check on that.

I think that luggage rack is about the coolest thing I've ever seen, I live a sheltered life.
Is that the V55 luggage carrier option?
It would make a really good bow rail for my Vista Cruiser.
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:43 AM

Smile Luggage Rack

I like the luggage rack on your trunk...I used a Vette rack on our '68 Convert...cuz I couldn't find an Olds rack...Yet..And the kid wants a rack on her '68 convert too...
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:48 AM

Welcome

Sweet,

I just love 69
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:05 AM
GM Enthusiast

Nice looking 69! Definitely post bigger pics when you get a chance.
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Welcome to the site. Nice ride
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Texas taxes, try to say say that fast a bunch of times.
Looks like a cherry machine.
Resto? the car looks fine to me right now.
That paint is really nice, basecoat-clearcoat? I have a '68 goat 'vert with a 15 year old BC/CC paint and it still looks new. A little more shiny than factory but who cares.
If the car is mechanically good I would just do a rolling resto and work on cosmetic things if needed. I would start looking for a power window set-up too. I have a thing about convertibles and power windows.
IIRC it seems there's another guy named Rob from Texas who is in the midst of an epic photo-saga thread on the powerful window installation in his '72 442 convertible named Lady, have to check on that.

I think that luggage rack is about the coolest thing I've ever seen, I live a sheltered life.
Is that the V55 luggage carrier option?
It would make a really good bow rail for my Vista Cruiser.
Hey Vista, I'm not sure what kind of paint it is. But yeah it's still shiny and looks goods excpt for a bunch of small rock chips on the front. I think it's about 20 years or so on the paint. It seems good mechanically, but with that many miles, she may need some work pretty soon. The seats are ok, but need recovering for sure. I know there was a factory option for the luggage rack, but I don't believe it came from the factory with it. It has some mismatched screws, some of which look like drywall screws. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's grown on me. It's somewhat unique I guess. Haven't seen many with one. I don't know if it may have a part no on it, but I'll check it further. Thanks, Rob
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Yellowstatue
I like the luggage rack on your trunk...I used a Vette rack on our '68 Convert...cuz I couldn't find an Olds rack...Yet..And the kid wants a rack on her '68 convert too...
The fruit don't fall far from the tree. I'm trying to determine where the rack came from. I'll reply with some info if I can find out. Rob
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sweet,

I just love 69
She's so fine, my 69! Isn't that a song?? Well it should be!!
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HouTXCutlass
She's so fine, my 69! Isn't that a song?? Well it should be!!
She's real fine my 409???

"Summer of '69"?

"Tonight were gonna' party like it's 1969"?

How about "The Name Game"?.. "Three-6-9 the goose drank wine, the monkey chewed tobacco on the street car line"

Anybody can put a spoiler on, the luggage carrier is cooler and probably produces more downforce too.
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:31 AM

Maybe strap down a keg to the carrier and run a tap to the interior. Not for the driver of course
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
She's real fine my 409???

"Summer of '69"?

"Tonight were gonna' party like it's 1969"?

How about "The Name Game"?.. "Three-6-9 the goose drank wine, the monkey chewed tobacco on the street car line"

Anybody can put a spoiler on, the luggage carrier is cooler and probably produces more downforce too.
Th first two are keepers. I think I'd like the third one better than the version by Prince, or unpronouncable symbol, or whatever he? goes by these days. And the fourth one lost me in the dust.

I've also just discovered that this car has air shocks. So I think the luggage rack was probably used for it's intended purpose. Two of the previous owners were also doctors and I found a golf tee and scoring pencil in the seats. So maybe it was a golf club bag carrier? Who knows? Who cares? All I know is it's a keeper. And besides, if I took it off, it would look like bullet holes in the trunk and that this was the victim of a drive by!
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Maybe strap down a keg to the carrier and run a tap to the interior. Not for the driver of course
We probaby could have got by with a keg in 1969, but Buford T. Justice ain't so keen on that these days. And since she's now a Texan and this is beef country, I'm thinking a small barbeque pit would perch there nicely. I can always fill the trunk with ice and some cold ones!