Need help finding patch panels

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2016, 05:47 AM

Need help finding patch panels

Ok guys let me start by saying that I born into the olds life style, my father was a huge 68-72 cutlass guy. Unfortunately we lost him at the age of 52. But I'm going to keep his love for olds going. Soon I'll be working on going back thru his 69 hurst olds. But anyways that's not what this thread is about...

I'm in the restoration business, and I have a side job I need to start on. It's a 71 cutlass s. I need to find lower quarter patches. I don't wanna buy the full quater but been having a hard time find just the lower section. Anyone know where I can fine a pair of them? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Ryan
Old February 16th, 2016, 06:45 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Ryguy442
I'm in the restoration business, and I have a side job I need to start on. It's a 71 cutlass s. I need to find lower quarter patches. I don't wanna buy the full quater but been having a hard time find just the lower section. Anyone know where I can fine a pair of them? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Ryan
Welcome. Google is your friend:

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-...n&key=OC-69-LH

Of course, this panel is $219 and the 80% quarter is $239, so the only real savings is in shipping cost. On the other hand, Autobody Specialties has recently started selling much higher quality patch panels for the floors and front fenders than the normal Chinesium crap. I've got their new front fender and floor pan patches and they are crisper stampings with about 50% thicker metal. Nearly OEM quality. Call them, as these lower quarter patches may also be the thicker, higher quality parts.
Old February 16th, 2016, 07:29 AM

Yeah I actually saw that one and there is no way I can pay that much for one. I rather get the whole quarter if I spend that much. I could get away with a lower quality one. I know if install a few for my dad at one point and he wouldn't have spent that much
Old February 16th, 2016, 07:41 AM
344879M363895

Originally Posted by Ryguy442
Ok guys let me start by saying that I born into the olds life style, my father was a huge 68-72 cutlass guy. Unfortunately we lost him at the age of 52. But I'm going to keep his love for olds going. Soon I'll be working on going back thru his 69 hurst olds. But anyways that's not what this thread is about...

Ryan
Welcome! You may have said that's not what this thread is about, but I do have a question on your Hurst Olds:

Just wondering if that 69 H/O has a numbers matching transmission? I refuse to give up. See here: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...nsmission.html
Old February 16th, 2016, 07:50 AM
delete

if it helps, Rockauto has some good prices on sheet metal & you can usually Google a 5% discount code

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/o...ter+panel,1416
Old February 16th, 2016, 09:43 AM

I actually don't know if it's the original trans. I know it's not the origami motor. It's the correct motor just not the one that came with that car. I haven't been able to really look the car over at this point.

I tried rock auto but they don't have just the lower section
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:47 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. What's the difference of a lower quarter for a wagon?