Im thinking of selling so tell me, whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2011, 12:49 PM

Ok, Im convinced, now selling, $5k/offer

1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe (2dr Hardtop), 80k orig miles, came stock with an Olds rocket 350. I just had the engine and trans rebuilt and refreshed. see specs below.

According to Year One, there were only 569 Olds Cutlass S Holiday Coupes made in '69.
http://www.yearone.com/updatedsingle...sprodnums.html

Original Rocket 350 with TH350 Trans, less then 1k miles, All engine work performed by Stan @ Rocky Mountain Machine in CoSprings.
-Balanced rotating assembly
-bored .030
-Polished rods and mains 0.010
-Moly rings
-Comp Cams guideplates
-Comp Cams Hi-energy pushrods
-Valves, Edelbrock springs, guides, and seals all new
-Heads milled .006
-ARP Head bolts
-Cloyes Double Roller timing set
-Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam 7112
-Edelbrock Perfromer RPM Intake 7111
-Edelbrock 1406
-Scorpion Roller Rockers
-FlowTech Ceramic Coated longtube Headers
-HEI distributor
-Transgo shift improver kit

New 2.5" exhaust through Summit chambered mufflers, exit behind rear wheels.

Wheels are Chrome reverse 14x7s with newer tires. Body is pretty straight. There is some rust in the rear quarters. Dash is excellent, only one small crack that can barely be seen, front seat needs recovered, headrests need recovered, back seat decent. Needs headliner, and carpet. Door panels are good, drivers arm rest needs recovered.

I keep going back and fourth on whether I really want to keep it or lose it. I guess one could say I have my good days and my bad.

Problem is this is not my only project. Like my kids (4), there are other projects that need my attention. Therefore I don't need to keep dumping money into this one. I need to finish the ones I started WAY before even getting this car in the first place. Concentrate on one project at a time, then move on to the next.

Car is in Colorado Springs, CO if anyone needs shipping info.

Asking $5k /offer. Mods, feel free to move this thread to the "for sale" part of the forum. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00573.jpg (110.3 KB, 71 views)
DSC00574.jpg (103.1 KB, 56 views)
DSC00576.jpg (139.6 KB, 60 views)
DSC00580.jpg (77.7 KB, 71 views)
DSC00584.jpg (87.3 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by ToBiN!; April 6th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old March 31st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Well sadly it does not matter what the book says it's worth! If its a running/ driving, tagged and inspected car, and considering the condition, possibly $5k.

Not to rain on your parade! The problem is with a car in the that condition, is it's only worth what some1 is willing to pay for it!
Old March 31st, 2011, 01:40 PM

Sadly I know what you are saying is very true. Here I am sitting on $4k in receipts for the engine, not counting time and labor, and wondering if its worth it to me to finish. Do I LOVE the car, No. I like the car, the lines, and see the potential, but like I said before I really need to finish my other projects before this one. I just needed to get this one running and driving instead of sitting in the back yard as sitting its just revered as scrap, not usable.
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Do you have any other projects that would be a good recipient for that drivetrain?? Your in that gray area referred to as the ugly stage of car restoration. Pretty much a driving car that is somewhat safe and reliable to drive yet needs someone handy enough to take the time and patience to finish. The other problem is there are alot of cars in much better condition for cheap!

We've all been there!! I've got about $13500 in this one and still have not tackled the drivetrain to make it what I want. Do I love this car, no, but like you I've gone past the point of no return!!

Good luck
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM

No and thats the thing, I have an LS1 ready to be built in the garage but couldn't bring myself to drop it in the Olds since it only had 80k orig miles. I decided to keep the olds with the olds and the new with the new! lol..

I am thinking about maybe putting the LS1 into my 33 Chev Master. It runs and drives right now with a solid front axle, ford 8" rear, and a 350/400 combo. If I did put the LS1 into the 33 I would want to update the front with IFS and put a 10 bolt 7.625 rear in it with the 4L60 so it would become a ProTouring car that I could take across country.

I also have a 64 Belair Wagon. It came with a 350/350 combo that i swaped into a 350/700R4. She is great on the road with the low compression 350, 4bbl Quadrajunk, and still pulls 18mpg. Better then anything else I own for gas mileage! I need to put her Chrome back on the outside and finish putting in the door panels and the interior panels. The seats and panels are all refinished, but they need installed. She also has the 3rd row seat that faces backwards, the kids really love riding back there.

The final project I have has been a 10 year ordeal and not a classic so you cant laugh at it. Its an 1986.5 Nissan Ext cab truck. I transplanted a 1987 300ZX turbo engine into it, body dropped it 3", shaved all the handles, gas tank lid, and taillights, added LED tails in the roll pan with a drop tag in the middle. Added a LED 3rd brake light into the back of the cab, Airbagged suspension that when layed out puts the rocker panels on the ground and tucks all four wheels into the fender wells. It has a toyota front bumper and lower valance all painted the same as the truck. The only chrome of the truck is the wheel which are the old pathfinder 15's with 50 series tires. Ive tried other wheel/tire combos only to loose my *** as it is a futile effort to find 6 lug wheels that have a full positive offset to tuck into the wells.
When I first did the 300ZX turbo conversion I did it with a 1984 Frankenstein that had non matching computer, injectors, and other parts. This made the truck run rich but I was still able to run a 15.2 in the 1320ft at 6000ft altitude. Those 1984 engine were only 185 horse whereas this new 1987 engine with less miles and all matching electronics should put out 205Hp stock. Add in my Greddy boost controller at 15 psi and I may be able to pop off a 14 sec, 110Mph timeslip at 6000ft altitude. I hope to complete this one and get it out of the garage this summer for truckfest at Bandimere speedway with some for sale signs on it. Right now it has 1/4" airlines on it and I am in the process of upgrading them to 3/8" for faster response on the bags before I try and sell it. Im only selling because it doesn't really suit my family of 6 when only 2 can rid at a time. Its really a trailer queen and will probably be rarely driven when completed.
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Administrator

I had a 4x4 version of that Nissan truck back in 86, I traded an 82 CJ5 for it. My wife hated it!!! So I traded it for an 86 CJ7 6 mo's later.

Sounds like your plates full!!

Good Luck!
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM

Mods, please rehome thread into the for sale forum. Thanks!!
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Updated pictures. Up to about 300 miles now, running strong. Got a kickdown cable this weekend, will put it on this week. I finally got the ignition and carb figured out too. Runs and drives nice.
Attached Images
DSC00869.JPG (81.5 KB, 25 views)
DSC00871.JPG (288.4 KB, 31 views)
DSC00879.JPG (295.5 KB, 24 views)
DSC00881.JPG (304.3 KB, 29 views)
DSC00884.JPG (291.2 KB, 23 views)