eyebrow trim

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2007, 09:47 AM

eyebrow trim

Anyone know how the fender mounted eyebrow trim is removed on a 69 cutlass? I'm getting them all re-chromed but can't figure this one out. The Fisher body manual doesn't even have it.
Old June 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM

You need to use a socket with an extension and go from inside the engine compartment between the headlight and fender to remove speed nuts, maybe 7/16 in size. I believe there will be 4 of them, 2 on the top and 2 on the side. If you work the extension/socket around you'll bump into them. John
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 2blu442
You need to use a socket with an extension and go from inside the engine compartment between the headlight and fender to remove speed nuts, maybe 7/16 in size. I believe there will be 4 of them, 2 on the top and 2 on the side. If you work the extension/socket around you'll bump into them. John
By the way, the reason the Fisher Body Manual doesn't show this trim is because all sheetmetal forward of the firewall is covered in the Chassis Service Manual. It is covered there.
Old June 5th, 2007, 07:53 AM

Thanks guys, you were right. They were just a pain to get to, I guess I needed to get in there more. Off they go to get re-chromed!!!

Mark
Old June 10th, 2007, 06:50 PM

It's like looking at my own car!! was that the original color? we just repainted and changed for the first time to a deeper red...I have to get a few pics to post..
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ragtopqueen
It's like looking at my own car!! was that the original color? we just repainted and changed for the first time to a deeper red...I have to get a few pics to post..

I don't think it was the origional color, where there was peeling inside the door jams it was a darkish green. I like this better. Definately post yours too, I would love to see it.
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Taz

I just joined and this is probably too late but I'll mention it anyway. The trim along the top of the fenders, around the windshield and rear window are stainless. You should only need to be buff and polish them to restore the finish. They do need to be removed though. Good looking car!
Taz
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:13 PM

fenders

speaking of which, i need to do that to, i was wondering if it would be easier to just take the fenders off ? because one piece is broken and im gonna get a friend to fix the rust holes in the bottom, so the trim around the wheel well needs to come off to. does anyone know how to take the fender completely off?
thanks
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:42 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Taz
I just joined and this is probably too late but I'll mention it anyway. The trim along the top of the fenders, around the windshield and rear window are stainless. You should only need to be buff and polish them to restore the finish. They do need to be removed though. Good looking car!
Taz
Correct, however the original question was about the plated pot-metal trim on the leading edge of the front fenders.