Ever See One Like This?

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2009 | 01:20 AM

Ever See One Like This?

IMGP0187.jpg

No that's not a NASCAR speedo. Yes that is a Kilometer per hour speedo. What make real interesting is it must have been ordered for export out of the US but if it was ordered for Thailand the steering wheel should have been on the right side. Some of the US cars here were brought over by G.I.s but I do not think this was a G.I. car as the speedo would have been in mph. Other US cars here were ordered by the embassy and then sold once they are a few years old. I am just guessing that this car first went to a foreign county where they drove on the right side of the road then the person was transferred to Thailand and took the car with him/her. Anyone else ever see a kph speedo on a 65 Cutlass?

Last edited by Rdrokit; June 7th, 2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old June 7th, 2009 | 01:31 AM

Thumbs up Faster Foster

I saw a '53 Buick with a kilo speedo that came back from Germany and a '53, '54, '64 Cheby, '50 & '51 F--d in Mexico...Mexico has been metric since about 1904??
Old June 7th, 2009 | 06:26 AM
Registered Luser

No, but if you find another, you have a buyer in me....I'd like to put it in my '65 Vista
Old June 9th, 2009 | 07:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Rdrokit

No that's not a NASCAR speedo. Yes that is a Kilometer per hour speedo. What make real interesting is it must have been ordered for export out of the US but if it was ordered for Thailand the steering wheel should have been on the right side. Some of the US cars here were brought over by G.I.s but I do not think this was a G.I. car as the speedo would have been in miles per hour. Other US cars here were ordered by the embassy and then sold once they are a few years old. I am just guessing that this car first went to a foreign county where they drove on the right side of the road then the person was transferred to Thailand and took the car with him/her. Anyone else ever see a kilometers per hour speedo on a 65 Cutlass?
Nope! That's cool.

BUT<<<<<>>>>>WE got em coming out our ears up here in the Great White North. All our cars have Speedo's in KM/HR. We can generally tell when someone from the good ol USA is up visiting. Our speed limit signs are posted as KM/HR too. So when you get nabbed by the local Police, point out that you were doing the speed limit, honest officer. Then point to your dash. Probably get off with the usual sarcasm some cops seem to thrive on

FYI our main roads are posted at 110. .......KM/HR..... but most of the time people are driving 130+. Wouldn't that be more fun if it was miles per hour instead? Then mugzilla could find out if the effects of his spoiler on his car works the way it's supposed to at high sustained speed!!!!