Been Working On the 65

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM

Been Working On the 65

Well it's been about a month since I purchased my 65 Holiday Coupe and progress is being made. I have rebuilt the carb and installed an electric choke on the original carb. I've replaced countless things like battery cables filters PCV/breather parts, gaskets, vacuum advance and the old girl starts right up now and runs real well. I have a new set of Thornton true dual manifolds to install and I also have a ton of suspension parts (springs, idler arm, center-link, all bushings and a set of KYB shocks)on the way to get the old car to handle at least like it did when it was new. I am going to throw in the rear springs this weekend and service the rear end on Sunday.
I built a battery hold down today from a picture of the original part in the factory assembly manual, it looks like it came on the car.
I've been amazed at the stupid stuff I've found on this car that other ding-dongs have done like mounting the battery ground cable to the top of the gear box and using too long a bolt on a brand new alternator and stripping out the hole for adjust the belt tension.
I also have started a ledger on this car to document everything I have done to it and how much it cost. I rebuilt quite a few cars but never kept track of what all I did to them or what it cost. Should be pretty scary in a couple of years to see how much I spend on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Copy of Picture 002.jpg (116.2 KB, 30 views)
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM

You've more guts then most keeping track of costs. The under hood work looks good so far.

I keep track of my engine build/conversion and disc brake conversion on my 57 Olds scared me to death. Refuse to track the 48 Olds cost.
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
You've more guts then most keeping track of costs. The under hood work looks good so far.

I keep track of my engine build/conversion and disc brake conversion on my 57 Olds scared me to death. Refuse to track the 48 Olds cost.
Actually that picture was taken the day I drove it home. This car is almost a virgin, everything is there it's just all leaking or not working. This car even has the original plug wires on it. It's almost a time machine it's so intact.