69 "S" wood grain dash overlay

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2009, 07:12 PM

69 "S" wood grain dash overlay

Hey,
My current glove box is shown in pic 1 and what I just received from Fusick shown in pic 3 would only cover the lower 2-3 inch wide section of the glove box. Was the entire glove box covered in wood overlay as original? This is a 3 piece set that I ordered but it did not include a piece for above the lighter where the radio is at as shown in pic 2. Was that section originally overlaid also? I'm fairly certain the current overlay was done by a P.O as it does not match the woodgrain pattern of the console gearshift. What I got from Fusick matches the console gearshift woodgrain color and pattern. Thanks, Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Glove box 1.JPG (77.2 KB, 73 views)
Dash 2.JPG (73.7 KB, 63 views)
New overlay 3.JPG (72.4 KB, 74 views)
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by HouTXCutlass
Hey,
My current glove box is shown in pic 1 and what I just received from Fusick shown in pic 3 would only cover the lower 2-3 inch wide section of the glove box. Was the entire glove box covered in wood overlay as original? This is a 3 piece set that I ordered but it did not include a piece for above the lighter where the radio is at as shown in pic 2. Was that section originally overlaid also? I'm fairly certain the current overlay was done by a P.O as it does not match the woodgrain pattern of the console gearshift. What I got from Fusick matches the console gearshift woodgrain color and pattern. Thanks, Rob
Well, the factory "woodgrain" on a 69 Cutlass wasn't wood, it was a woodgrain printed metal applique. It covered the lower part of the dash only. Your veneer was installed by a previous owner and is not factory. I suspect it was done to cover the radio hole when the aftermarket stereo was installed.
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:44 AM

Like zo.
Attached Images
Picture 107.jpg (89.9 KB, 69 views)
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Like zo.
Ah zo, now I zee the light. Thanks for the picbo!
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by HouTXCutlass
Ah zo, now I zee the light. Thanks for the picbo!
chust zo yu don't get zee wrong idea... kay, nuffa dat.
here's a website that has some 69 dash kit overlays that you might be interested in. http://www.hhclassicauto.com/contact.html
The overlay you're looking for is HH23 on their list. Unfortunately, they don't have on line ordering right now, but there's a toll free number. They have nice stuff, I've used them before. Prices may be a little high, but definitely good quality. Hope this helps.