69 S Convertible?

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM

Talking 69 S Convertible?

So, I'm in a parking garage downtown yesterday, and what do I see? A 69 Cutlass S convertible. Light blue, white top and interior. No obvious rust (at least in the dim light I had available to me), 14 inch SSII's painted body color, buckets and console automatic (I think--it was pre-coffee and I'm a little fuzzy there). No obvious fluids pooled beneath it, pretty sharp overall.
When I go back this week, what should I offer for it, assuming it holds up in the daylight?

There was also another cool car in the same garage--non Olds though. Mid 60's T-Bird Sports Roadster, with the hard tonneau cover that fits over the back seat to make it look like a 2 place car. Kind of an off-brown or rust color of paint. Seemed OK body wise, but there was a pool of something underneath it. I may take a closer look at it next week.
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:43 PM

I got mine in similar sounding condition for 10,800 a couple of months ago. Mine was an internet purchase and it cost me an additional 700 shipping which was aranged by the seller (a classic car dealer) and I had shipping quoted at 500-600 so I figured he made a couple hundred on the shipping so that puts it at about 11k. Mine is the original engine, trans and I think the rear end also and it had the original owners manual, warranty card and protectoplate all in the same name so that added a little bit of value. I looked in NADA classics car guide and what I paid was between the low and average retail prices so I thought I got a good deal and it was pretty well close to what they said it was. They were asking 12,800 which also wasn't a bad price. Mannheim Gold classic car price guide is also a good place to look. And you can check for similars on autotraderclassics.com and Hemmings.com. Hope this helped and good luck. Rob http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...-1&y=1969&da-1