Are my 66 Toro leaf springs sprung?

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM

Are my 66 Toro leaf springs sprung?

Just completed some bodywork on the 66 Toro (autumn bronze) and now am turning to the suspension. I can't tell if the rear is hanging too low or if its just the extreme difference in the mass of the sheetmetal over the rear tires compared to those HUGE front fenders. How can I tell if I need new rear leaf springs? Is there a measurement I can make? Maybe if the rocker trim is level front to back the springs are ok? If anyone can tell me how to figure this out and who sells new ones I would appreciate it...
Jeff in Minneapolis
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheBirds
Just completed some bodywork on the 66 Toro (autumn bronze) and now am turning to the suspension. I can't tell if the rear is hanging too low or if its just the extreme difference in the mass of the sheetmetal over the rear tires compared to those HUGE front fenders. How can I tell if I need new rear leaf springs? Is there a measurement I can make? Maybe if the rocker trim is level front to back the springs are ok? If anyone can tell me how to figure this out and who sells new ones I would appreciate it...
Jeff in Minneapolis
Well, I don't know how to check them. I plan to follow this thread to find out for myself. But, Kanter makes new leaf springs for 66-70 Toro's

http://www.kanter.com///productdetai...Cat=20&Prc=125