The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Body skating in the European mountains

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2009, 05:06 AM

Body skating in the European mountains

OMG

http://www.gamaniak.com/embed.swf?fi....html&displayc
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:03 AM

I think you have found the perfect hobby for bluevista aka redgoat. unbelieveable.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's the damnest thing I ever saw!!! How would you even learn how to do that - how to move your body to make the turns, etc... Looks like he was going at a pretty good pace!! Needs to get some brake lights and turn signals hooked up! LOL! I'd hate to see what would happen if he hit a little piece of gravel in the road... or if a moose or deer came out of nowhere! Ouch!!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Goat... Redgoat... Do not try that!!!!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Captain of my ship

That is way too cool. Talk about a rush of Adrenalin!!! Where the heck was this stuff when I was young , I would have done that in a heartbeat , I think if someone gave me a suit like that I would still seriously consider doing it now. i might be hurting afterward but the shot of adrenalin would be worth it
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
That's the damnest thing I ever saw!!! How would you even learn how to do that - how to move your body to make the turns, etc... Looks like he was going at a pretty good pace!! Needs to get some brake lights and turn signals hooked up! LOL! I'd hate to see what would happen if he hit a little piece of gravel in the road... or if a moose or deer came out of nowhere! Ouch!!
Hey comon sandy , I'll get a suit and meet you out in B.C. I know a few roads through the mountains that would be perfect We could hook up the lights to you and I'll take you down piggyback
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Now that would be a sight!! LOL! Sorry Wolfie, but I'm too old for that! My bones would take too long to heal if we crashed!!!
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:22 AM

I've seen too many posssum frisbee's to wanta try it.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Possum frisbees.... LOL!
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Captain of my ship

Today around here I could do it if I found enough old skate blades to attach to my body It is -12 and snowing and blowing. i had to take the van back to the garage to change some leaky fuel lines and the roads are like ice
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Burrrrrrr.... stay in the house!
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM
GM Enthusiast

Could not get it to work? It said the video was not available?
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:08 PM

i seen this the other day. i would do it in a heart beat. just need to try it on the kiddie hill first.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

I watched the video, who hasn't done that???

Another one of those "Wouldn't it be cool if???...wait...I need a light maaaaan" ideas.

I would do that as a youth lying flat on my belly in the Superman flight position on an early wood skateboard, my cape flowing in the wind...

Possum Frisbees??? That the same as sail possums?
Hmmm, since their so abundant why not duct tape possums wearing rollers skates to your body to body skate??
The only problem would be finding little racing goggles and hemets for them but no big deal, I could borrow some from my wombat extreme motocross stunt bike team.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:17 PM

It won't play for me either! But it does remind me of a fun email I got a while back. It had a long list, but I can only remember a couple.

A redneck's last words.....

Watch this!!!!

or

Bet I can!

Thinking about the foolish things many of us did in our teens it's a wonder any of us lived to see our 20's
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Bluevista, I remember a friends younger brother doing the superman thing on a creeper going down a hill on a paved road. It was summertime so we were all wearing cutoff jeans, no shoes or shirts. When one of the wheels hit a chuck hole the creeper stopped and he kept going. Man! Talk about road rash, he was one hurting little boy and probably still has the scars!!!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:58 PM

Never done this one. The best watch this I ever attempted was sleding off the barn roof. My brother and I thought it was a good idea at the time. didn't take into account the speed when we left the roof good thing for young bodies and soft snow. Now hokie bobbin in the snow behind the school bus well thats another story
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by citcapp
Never done this one. The best watch this I ever attempted was sleding off the barn roof. My brother and I thought it was a good idea at the time. didn't take into account the speed when we left the roof good thing for young bodies and soft snow. Now hokie bobbin in the snow behind the school bus well thats another story
Hokie bobbin???

At least I don't purposely sled off roofs.
We would build snowpiles and leap into them off the garage roof?

That hokie bobbin the same as bumper hitchin'??
Beware of the snow melted over the manhole covers.

The only time I was ever on a school bus was for field trips.
We would pelt the school and city busses with snowballs in the winter.
Once in a while the driver would stop and chase us, the speeds you can obtain and the height of fences you can leap in a single bound is amazing. The same deal with the cops chasing you on foot but then you feel no pain when you run through pricker bushes and right through fences.

Now that I'm older bumper hitchin' is no fun anymore.
The lousy plastic new car bumpers have nothing to grab on to.
Old December 18th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Captain of my ship

I got sent home from school from bumper sliding the school bus when I was in grade 3 . Then again in grade 5 . After I got to high school they would just give you heck and maybe stay after school in study hall. In grade 7 & 8 at bible school ( yeah I went there for 2 years ) they had a couple of wooden bobsleds with 4 steel runners , the front 2 you could steer. behind the school was a hill that went to the teachers homes and a dirt road that would freeze and turn to ice . We would sled down that during lunch hour. One day I was on the front with 3 people on the sled behind me , 2 guys pushing at the top got us going really fast downhill , it was really icy and you had to turn near the bottom because there are large red pine on either side. Well we were going to fast to turn and the last thing I remember was an extreme close up of the bark on a large red pine then a bright flash. I woke up in the arms of Ivan , a grade 12 student , carrying me to the school. had a huge bump on my forehead and welt , the principal would not let us in the school ( he was strict by the book babtist ). Ivan left me on the front step and went back to where the hill was. They finally found me at 2 pm laying in a snowbank back in the trees behind the school. Still don't remember walking there
I was back doing it again the next day so no lasting problems , although I would always do those crazy things if it looked like fun.
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....That hokie bobbin the same as bumper hitchin'??

Citcapp... I've never heard that before??? Bet Jamesbo knows!! LOL!!

....We would pelt the school and city busses with snowballs in the winter.
Once in a while the driver would stop and chase us, the speeds you can obtain and the height of fences you can leap in a single bound is amazing. The same deal with the cops chasing you on foot but then you feel no pain when you run through pricker bushes and right through fences.

LOL!!! You've been a shi* for a long time, haven't ya???
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:51 AM

.....That hokie bobbin the same as bumper hitchin'??

Citcapp... I've never heard that before??? Bet Jamesbo knows!!

Sorry to let ya down Sandy,

This falls into that rather large catagory of "I ain't got a clue what they're talk'in 'bout."
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

....This falls into that rather large catagory of "I ain't got a clue what they're talk'in 'bout."

...Now "Cow tipp'in" I can speak to with some degree fo authority.

LOL! That's a big catagory isn't it??? Cow tipp'in??? Oh lord, I'm afraid to ask!
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Registered

....This falls into that rather large catagory of "I ain't got a clue what they're talk'in 'bout."

...Now "Cow tipp'in" I can speak to with some degree fo authority.

LOL! That's a big catagory isn't it??? Cow tipp'in??? Oh lord, I'm afraid to ask!

When you "Cow tip" with an Oldsmobile it can be a problem.

I've done thorough research into the "Hokie Bobbin" AKA "Hookey Bobbing" sport and from what I can formulate is that it consists of being pulled on snow covered public or unpublic roads by a vehicle that a rope is attached to the rear undercarriage of and you grasp said rope and ride on a sled, toboggan device, or anything that slides, including your body.

"Bumper Hitching" is secretly or unsecretly sneaking up behind a car at a light or stop sign and squatting down in race position and grabbing the bumper and riding on your feet when the car takes off, never get behind the tires or the snow flying up will nail you in the face, roads also must be snow covered.
The reason I said watch out for dry manhole covers.
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sorry to let ya down Sandy,

This falls into that rather large catagory of "I ain't got a clue what they're talk'in 'bout."
the term hokie bobbin came from My dad, when he was a kid used to do it behind model "T" aka hanging on to the bumper of any car passing by.

He was born in Helena Montana in 1912 might be a local thing from there
Old December 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM

So he grew up during the time of the movie "Legends of the fall"

Cool