The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

sidetracked again....... what a day

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2009, 09:46 PM
car guy

sidetracked again....... what a day

My ADD kicked in a little this week. I have been wanting another truck for several months so I have been loosely kind of watching high mile Dodge diesels come up for sale while I had mine for sale. I had pretty much given up that my truck would sell and for the last month or so just blew it off. Out of the blue a week ago a guy calls me from a racing junk add I forgot I had even placed. He bought mine but cant get here for a few weeks so now I have to buy a truck ASAP. Spent every night this last week until late into the night taking notes on trucks for sale I wanted to call about today. DFW is pretty big and of course nothing I wanted or could afford was anywhere near me. I started early this AM The first call I made was to a guy who was already 5 miles behind the direction I was going. I had a 50 mile trip ahead of me so I opted to not back track and said I will come look if I get back this direction.

I spend the day looking at truck after truck in my price range. All junk junk junk. I'm not expecting alot out of the 200K mile trucks I can afford but I don't need another restoration project. Pretty much waisted my whole day looking at trash. Pretty disouraged I almost headed home but decided to drop by and look at the first truck. The one I could have seen at 9am if I had turned around. This one was different. Instead of looking like 500K beat to hell needing major mechanicals this one looked like it had less than 100 clean with a few minor dings, new tires, new clutch and drove great.

The guy owns a repo company and this was one he had picked up but since the clutch was out he made an offer to the bank so he could fix and resale. Well we agreed on price but I didn't have but a little cash on me and its 4:00 on a saturday. I offered 500.00 and I'll get the rest and be there right after work monday. He then tells me that a guy is on his way from Kansas and he told him and me the same thing. First one with all the cash in his hand gets the truck. The other guy is still an hour or so away I know I can only get 1000.00 out of the ATM so that and what I have at home and in my pocket I need 4000.00 in the next hour. I call a few good freinds that flip cars hoping someone has cash but nope. On a whim I call Bank of America(my bank but not after today) and they have a branch still open until 5:00 in a food store but its 30 min from where I am. I haul *** across town and get there a few minutes before they close. I get there and tell the girl I need 4000.00 and she tells me sorry this location can only give out 2500.00 I explain no you are giveing me 4000.00 of my money now She plays the sorry its policy I have no way around it card. Then the manager comes from back hearing whats going on and starts playing the my hands are tied BS. Ay this point I was either going to jail or getting my money and think he started to get my drift. I explained (nicely ) he better get creative and figure out a way. All of the sudden he is able to raise my atm limit to a one time 1500.00 and 2500.00 from the girl at the counter. Now wasn't that simple and no one got a beat down.

So to make a long story short its now sitting in my driveway. Already started mods too...Well sorta anyway. The repoee had limo tint all the way around. Not only highly illegal but you could not see anything though the glass comming home tonight. My finger hurt from cleaning windows and scraping glue.

Over all I am very happy I sold mine for 6800.00 and I paid 7200.00 over 4 years ago. I spend apox 2000.00 over the whole time I had it. Thats $50.00 a month over the time I owned it. Pretty good truck payment I would say. This one cost me 7500.00 so I should come out more than OK when its time to get rid of it.
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:04 AM

Glad you scored.

A good used truck is hard to fine. People use them to work until the wheels fall off.
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Nice find. You going to start that thing we talked about now?
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:00 AM
car guy

Originally Posted by csstrux
Nice find. You going to start that thing we talked about now?
probably not.... for now things are picking back up at work
Old April 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM
ate glue as a child

Originally Posted by gearheads78
... The repoee had limo tint all the way around. Not only highly illegal but you could not see anything though the glass comming home tonight. My finger hurt from cleaning windows and scraping glue.
when I was younger my car had 5% tint all the way around. At night i had to roll down the windows at most intersections. Got away with it for awhile, but, after a few months I was "nicely" asked to remove it. yep, my fingers hurt too. Found out later that there is a spray to remove tint.