The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Dallas, Texas

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Dallas, Texas

I am not going to make this long or political. I have lived in the Dallas area since 1979. Last night was the worst night I have experienced in the time I have lived here. As I am sure all of you know, we lost 5 law enforcement officers to an extremist idiot. Four were Dallas police officers and one was a Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) officer. I had the pleasure of meeting the DART officer about 6 months ago when I was changing trains on my way to work. He was outside the DART headquarters and engaged me in conversation. He was such a nice guy and his whole face beamed when he smiled. He was a former Marine, a father and a grandfather. He had just remarried two weeks ago. This ordeal is very painful for our area. Please remember the families and loved ones of these brave men in your prayers and pray for our country for this to stop.
Old July 8th, 2016, 07:57 PM

Yes, my prayers go out to the community and for those who lost loved ones.

John
Old July 8th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Well said Glenn
Old July 10th, 2016, 07:24 PM

My prayers to these men and their familys.
My son is a deputy sheriff which kinda of scares me these days, as it seems to be open season on cops. They have a difficult job to do, seems more so these days. I do believe some police have made some bad decisions/ mistakes, but that dosent make them all bad. My son is a great guy.
God bless them all.
Old July 10th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Most are great guys. There is no way I would want to deal with what they face everyday. I will refrain from getting into the politics of this because Eric would have to through me off this board or at least delete my post. I appreciate guys like you son protecting fellow citizens. They are like folks in the military. They both protect us. We need to make an effort to tell them how much we appreciate them.
Old July 10th, 2016, 08:10 PM

God bless the victims here. Good people trying to keep us safe.

If we don't start backing our police America will be much more dangerous. Not everyone wants to follow the law and comply with law enforcement requests. After the Dallas terrorist attack by a racist, an officer in Missouri was shot for pulling over a driver for speeding. It's open season on our protectors.

Last edited by Gary M; July 10th, 2016 at 08:13 PM.
Old July 10th, 2016, 10:50 PM

Well said, Glenn, and so true, in all respects.