The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Teepo Wins At Pop's Show and Pics

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Cutlass Lover

Teepo Wins At Pop's Show and Pics

Here are some pics from yesterday's show put on by Pop's over at Tallmadge Collision. He ended the show early cause of the heat index and the humidity. A lot of newer cars there too. One other beautiful Olds in attendance!

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11022.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11001.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11002.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11003.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11005.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11008.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11009.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11010.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11011.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11012.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11014.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11015.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11017.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11018.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11019.jpg

PopsTallmadgeshow9-3-11020.jpg
Old September 4th, 2011, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the pics, Sandy!

Allan R, did you notice all the cars parked on grass? I wonder how many of them had a fire extinguisher or if the show required one.

Some of those cars are fairly low to the ground. I can't believe there weren't a few hot exhaust pipes touching grass.
Old September 4th, 2011, 08:44 AM

Thanks for posting Sandy! Looks like a small show, but a really nice variety of cars. I like the 66 442 best, well after the green one that is.

Don
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Congrats on your win and that is a nice plaque. Thanks for posting There were some really nice cars there.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Tanks fer de pics Sandy
Old September 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM

Congratulations! Great pics.
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Hey Sandy! Great job! Teepo does it again. I had a customer in Tallmage called Horton Archery. I used to go down there quite a bit to visit them. They were just down a bit from the Goodyear plant and of course Summit. No visit was complete with out stopping in there.
Old September 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Thanks for the pics, Sandy!

Allan R, did you notice all the cars parked on grass? I wonder how many of them had a fire extinguisher or if the show required one.

Some of those cars are fairly low to the ground. I can't believe there weren't a few hot exhaust pipes touching grass.
Jaunty, funny you should mention that. I just saw the post and after drooling over the computer screen I realized that same thing. I guess that requirement must be a consideration of the local organizers? If you have to register for the show (as opposed to just show up) I would guess they could stipulate the fire extinguisher. Otherwise my guess is they may create a feeling of 'bad will' by not allowing cars into an otherwise 'open' event? Just my thoughts.

Sandy, congrats. You have to stop going to these shows. Teepo is going to get worn out....from carrying all those durned tropies home. I can just hear her the morning of a car show: "Yawwwwn. Oh well, time to go win another trophy.....Beat me whip me show me you care....." You and blue did a fantastic job making her look so good. You ever see or talk to Allan H? I miss him.

There were some absolutely gorgeous cars there. Loved the 66 442. I think I saw that at another show, just can't remember which.
Old September 4th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I guess that requirement must be a consideration of the local organizers? If you have to register for the show (as opposed to just show up) I would guess they could stipulate the fire extinguisher. Otherwise my guess is they may create a feeling of 'bad will' by not allowing cars into an otherwise 'open' event? Just my thoughts.
The Mid-Ohio chapter Olds Club has "required" a fire extinguisher for many years. Of course, there is no way to really enforce this. But if your car is judged, points are deducted if no fire extinguisher is present.
Old September 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jaunty75
The Mid-Ohio chapter Olds Club has "required" a fire extinguisher for many years. Of course, there is no way to really enforce this. But if your car is judged, points are deducted if no fire extinguisher is present.
That would be just one club though, right? I think the fire extinguisher issue should be publicized at the gate or in advance. Hey! car shows would be a great place for the roving FE salesman!!!

Judge: Sorry sir, you're going to lose 3 points for not having a fire extinguisher.
Car owner: WTF are you talking about you jibber brained moron?
FE Salesman: Excuse me judge, (wheeeze, cough, ptuiiii) sorry I'm late getting here. My client ordered this super duper blowmeover FE a week ago and it just arrived, so he meets the FE requirement, right???
Judge: Oh, in that case I'll pass you on the fire extinguisher you twiddle fart minion, and deduct 20 points for bad attitude and a $hitty paint job.
Car Owner: You Douche ....

FE Salesman: That'll be 35.00 please.
Car Owner: I don't know whether to love you or hate you.....
Old September 4th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
That would be just one club though, right? I think the fire extinguisher issue should be publicized at the gate or in advance. Hey! car shows would be a great place for the roving FE salesman!!!
The fire extinguisher requirement is written on the show flyer. Everyone sees it when they register.

I think it's only a 1 point deduction of out 200 total.
Old September 4th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Cutlass Lover

Allan R.... you crack me up!! Teepo loves to win, lol! No, I haven't heard from or seen Blue anywhere. The Olds show is the only one I've been to where it's been on the flyer that you have to have the fire extinguisher. Mine is always in the car anyhow. The 66 442 was at the Olds show. It's an absolute beautiful car!!

Thanks guys!
Old September 4th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I just realized looking back through the pics Sandy took....There's a ROCKET in the parking lot!!! That's where the OLDSMOBILES should be parked. What 'rocket scientest' forgot to arrange that???
Old September 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Land Yacht Captain

There are many Ontario shows that won't let you enter without a fire extinguisher. I think it has to do with the site where the show is being held and the insurance many shows need to get.
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:25 PM
NOVICE car nut

great pictures once again.....
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:40 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Congrats on the win.

O wow! a red tri power 66...I am in love
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
GM Enthusiast

Congrats on the win Sandy! Glad to see you've enjoyed the show season this year. (Don't know what you're going to do with all your new trophies.)

I'm a little behind you, I haven't had a chance to do a show with my Cutlass since June.