The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Spy Coins

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM

Spy Coins

Thought this was interesting...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0...da_spy_coins_1
Old December 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
Wow!! I can't believe the Canadian gov't would have a stroke of brilliance like that. Can you imagaine???? What a cool way to keep track of what's in my closet?? Incredible, absolutely incredible. Those quarters must have a field day letting command central know they haven't been touched or moved in over 5 years. The intelligence they're gathering looks suspiciously like ummmmm let's see if I can choose the right word now..... ok, got it......DUST!! Well that's not true either cause they're in a special plastic case (to amplify the signals needed for the homing signal) and protected from things like ...oh, say finger acid, rain, washing machines, bank vaults, cash drawers or lost on a street or field. Heck I bet many of them have been flipped into wishing wells too. And another thing, whenever I go to other countries, do you think they take a $C?? Nope, better have travellers cheques, VISA or buy the currency. All the brilliant attempts to flood other countries with a $.25 coin that people look at as fake just to start with??? First time I saw this coin, it was only available from change recieved at Petro Can gas stations. Yup, lots of those all over the world and US aren't there? It would be like trying to find a PEMEX station in Edmonton. "Si", I mean "No English".

Anyway, now that I'm slightly over the ludicrousness of the "spy coin" I personally think it was TOTALLY appropriate to put rememberance of war veterans onto a coin that will carry the legacy for a hell of a lot longer than I'll be alive. Spy coin my ***! Vets would turn over in their graves if they knew this was how a symbol of their heroism and patriotism was being percieved. I profoundly respect the sacrifices made for my freedom and protection. Some of the higher ups should be ashamed of themselves!

Last edited by Allan R; December 5th, 2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old December 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Wow!! I can't believe the Canadian gov't would have a stroke of brilliance like that. Can you imagaine???? What a cool way to keep track of what's in my closet?? Incredible, absolutely incredible. Those quarters must have a field day letting command central know they haven't been touched or moved in over 5 years. The intelligence they're gathering looks suspiciously like ummmmm let's see if I can choose the right word now..... ok, got it......DUST!! Well that's not true either cause they're in a special plastic case (to amplify the signals needed for the homing signal) and protected from things like ...oh, say finger acid, rain, washing machines, bank vaults, cash drawers or lost on a street or field. Heck I bet many of them have been flipped into wishing wells too. And another thing, whenever I go to other countries, do you think they take a $C?? Nope, better have travellers cheques, VISA or buy the currency. All the brilliant attempts to flood other countries with a $.25 coin that people look at as fake just to start with??? First time I saw this coin, it was only available from change recieved at Petro Can gas stations. Yup, lots of those all over the world and US aren't there? It would be like trying to find a PEMEX station in Edmonton. "Si", I mean "No English".

Anyway, now that I'm slightly over the ludicrousness of the "spy coin" I personally think it was TOTALLY appropriate to put rememberance of war veterans onto a coin that will carry the legacy for a hell of a lot longer than I'll be alive. Spy coin my ***! Vets would turn over in their graves if they knew this was how a symbol of their heroism and patriotism was being percieved. I profoundly respect the sacrifices made for my freedom and protection. Some of the higher ups should be ashamed of themselves!
Allan,

It was the Bush Administration thinking we were spying on them because some US military top brass met with some of our top brass and picked up a few of these coins in their change while they were here. If you look at the coins they could look like they could be "spy coins". I thought it was pretty funny.
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM
olds..older..oldest

...and these people are running the free world ?

...Just 'cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get you!!
Old December 5th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly

...Just 'cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get you!!
Now, that's funny!!!
Old December 5th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Canadian Spy crisis...

Originally Posted by 442much
Allan,

It was the Bush Administration thinking we were spying on them because some US military top brass met with some of our top brass and picked up a few of these coins in their change while they were here. If you look at the coins they could look like they could be "spy coins". I thought it was pretty funny.
Like we could learn something from the Bush administration. Good one Ken!! Do I hafta come over there and spike your coke? If you can guess how many of these 3 fingers I'm holding up...damn, that didn't work. I'm going to have to break the seals on my spy coins to see if I can download some intel. Nope, didn't work, just wrecked the quarters trying to find the nano probes....even used my bifocals and magnifying glass....nothin there I tell ya. Gotta get in touch with the Borg and find out how nano technology really works. Then watch out, everyone else will be assimilated. Resistance will only be a word in the dictionary..Senior govt officials: Run, run like the wind. We will track you down with our spy coins.
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Like we could learn something from the Bush administration. Good one Ken!! Do I hafta come over there and spike your coke? If you can guess how many of these 3 fingers I'm holding up...damn, that didn't work. I'm going to have to break the seals on my spy coins to see if I can download some intel. Nope, didn't work, just wrecked the quarters trying to find the nano probes....even used my bifocals and magnifying glass....nothin there I tell ya. Gotta get in touch with the Borg and find out how nano technology really works. Then watch out, everyone else will be assimilated. Resistance will only be a word in the dictionary..Senior govt officials: Run, run like the wind. We will track you down with our spy coins.
Resistance is futile!
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Captain of my ship

If you guys don't cut out the chatter I am going to have you picked up on charges of revealing military secrets
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by wolfman98
If you guys don't cut out the chatter I am going to have you picked up on charges of revealing military secrets
wolfman, you can block out the military secrets you're hearing by wearing a many layers of alcan foil on your head. Film at 11:00 (I know, really bad pun)

If you need help figuring out the right layering and how much, ask ......Redgoat.......He can hack....into almost anything.........Somehow, he..........figured out my password.....
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Cutlass Lover

Theres not enough tin foil in the world to block him out!
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Theres not enough tin foil in the world to block him out!
A sad but true statement....BTW which one did you mean? Allan H or Redgoat?
Old December 7th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

????
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:20 AM

Tin foil dosen't work on redgoat, use lead shielding, pour it on real thick
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Old December 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Apeviators

Originally Posted by citcapp
Tin foil dosen't work on redgoat, use lead shielding, pour it on real thick
Redgoat leader to Flying Monkey squadron...repeating...Redgoat leader to Flying Monkey squadron....over....

Citcapp at 12 o'clock high...Citcapp at 12 o'clock high.... stick close to your wingchimp if the squadron has to break formation...over...

Where he is they are and the Cutlassgal and Allan R. attacks are sure to follow...over...

It would take nuclear reactor shielding and red kryptonite.
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Redgoat leader to Flying Monkey squadron...repeating...Redgoat leader to Flying Monkey squadron....over....

Citcapp at 12 o'clock high...Citcapp at 12 o'clock high.... stick close to your wingchimp if the squadron has to break formation...over...

Where he is they are and the Cutlassgal and Allan R. attacks are sure to follow...over...

It would take nuclear reactor shielding and red kryptonite.

Roger that chump leader.....
Cutlassgal form up, we're going in on his six.....arm your missiles...over

Sandy, break left...break left .....monkeyshine has missile lock on me....gonna use my airbrakes and let him shoot by....break break break....

Super88 from Allan R & Cutlassgal....form up on us and get ready to "dispense" the red krytonite..... over

If we can get Red Goat leader into the neutral zone Vince will have GTA nut missiles ready....copy that Vince ground support?...

ccccopy that, .....Redgoat leader and monkey squadron........attack formation.....you're gonna luv my nuts, luv my nuts, gonna make you skinny again, lllllllove my nuts. Missiles away..........love my nuts....
Old December 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh My God - I'm laughin so hard I'm cryin!!!!!

Old December 8th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Registered

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

That dastardly Vince had your brother King Kong fixed Flying Monkey Squadron!!!

The few chromosomes different than humanities.

Look at him gloat.

This only enforces our steel and resolve.
Chimpkind of the winged, amphibious and terrestrial species must unite!!

I just received a radio report from Kong my hairy heroes.
His voice is three octaves higher and he was in tears.
He said he just thought that he was going in for a normal checkup and a swine flu shot. ...sniff...
The next thing you know Dr. Sandy said turn your head and cough and her giggling assistant Allan R. was the last thing he saw, it all went black after that.

Redgoat to Monkey Squadron....hang in there boys....stay loose!!!...over...

I'm losing control!!
going down in flames!!!
I think it's time to bail out of this thread!!!

V is for Vista Victory over Vince !!!.......over

Last edited by Bluevista; December 8th, 2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: My health
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Cutlass Lover